4 | peanuts? (1)

REESE WOKE UP PEACEFULLY, YET HER BEDSHEETS AND HAIR DID NOT SEEM PEACEFUL AT ALL

REESE WOKE UP PEACEFULLY, YET HER BEDSHEETS AND HAIR DID NOT SEEM PEACEFUL AT ALL. She sat up in her bed and stretched before swinging her legs over to the other side of her bed and doing a little hop onto the floor. The floor was way too cold for her feet, so she slipped on her slippers, and kept it moving.

She headed over to her vanity, and fixed up her short natural hair into two buns--a hair style she has been doing in the mornings since she was a child. Since it was early in the morning, she took a quick shower and changed into a casual outfit (her usual, the oversized sweaters and thigh high boots).

When she walked out of her room she smelled something familiar, something almost like peanuts/peanut butter. She followed the aroma with furrowed brows and a skeptical mind until she caught the culprit. Willy Wonka in his science room with Charlie.

They were discussing something while Willy was putting globs and globs of peanut butter into one cup.

"Hey, what're you guys making with all that. . uhh. . peanut butter?" Reese asked as she walked in, laughing.

Willy turned his head to the girl, and his eyes widened. Quickly, her started to put the project he was working on away; he looked down at the container of peanut butter, got a spoon, and held it out for Reese. "Morning, Peanut. Want some peanut butter?"

"Ooh! Yes!" She grabbed the spoon and her eyes twinkled, she took a spoonful of the peanut butter and it went straight into her mouth. (i can eat peanut butter with no problem too smsbsk) "Early breakfast I guess." She spoke, muffled, covering her hand with her mouth as she chewed on the peanut butter.

"No talking with your mouth full, miss. Peanut butter is actually something you can choke on!" Willy scolded, waving a finger at Reese.

Charlie laughed, "He's right, you know?"

Reese nodded, swallowing the peanut butter and speaking again. "Well, I'm done now. I can't choke if I'm done so I'm gonna speak. What are you guys gonna do today?"

"I'm gonna help Mr. Wonka create more formulas for his candy. What about you?" Charlie tilted his head, grinning a bit.

"I'm probably just gonna take another walk around the factory, just so I can memorise it all. It's huge, and I'd really like to know it like the back of my palm."

After she said this, Charlie and Willy looked at each other. This could be one chance that Willy had to tell her how she felt, and to give her the treats that were already made just for her.

"Maybe, I can come with you?" Willy looked back over at Reese, he felt heat rising up on his cheeks and nose, and desperately hoped that she wouldn't notice his change in hue. 

"Sure! You would be a big help, you already know every single room in this factory." She giggled. . . she knows. "Also, are you alright? You've turned a bit red."

"Totally! I'm fine!" He laughed nervously, turning away from Reese. "I'll be right there. . just go get ready, okay, Peanut?"

"'Kay." She turned towards the door and started to walk back towards her room to apply her makeup.

When she left, Willy let out a huge breath of air he was holding for the last few minutes of his interaction. The red tint still lingered on his cheeks though, and eventually made its way up to his ears.

"Are you okay, Willy?" Charlie tilted his head, realising that Willy was now shaking and working quickly.

"I-I'm okay! I'm just a little on edge."

"You must be nervous for your walk with Reese, huh?"

No answer.

• • •

About half an hour later, Willy and Reese both met up in the meadow. Reese was already there first, sitting near the river and munching on an candy apple.

Willy watched her for a few minutes, he didn't want to disturb her peace. . he cleared his throat, and stood right next to her. "Are you ready, Peanut?"

She looked up at him and smiled, her eyes twinkling. "Ready as I'll ever be, Willy."

• • •

oofies, this is a two part chapter uwu

comment and vote if u enjoyed!