Destiny

A/N: I am very proud of this Drabble although it isn't smut!

Ship: Michael Langdon x Reader

Warnings: strong language?

Words: 535

Type of Fanfic: Drabble (I know it's not a 100 words but my Drabbles aren't!)

The hard ground was filled with tigs and broken branches and as your feet pounded across the ground they bit at your heels

The hard ground was filled with tigs and broken branches and as your feet pounded across the ground they bit at your heels. The bitter cold air slashed your exposed skin. Your feet were bare and you knew the bottoms were bloody but something as small as that in the grand scheme of things wasn't going to make you stop. This was your chance, your only chance. It would take a lot more than the harsh elements to stop you. Tears poured down your hot cheeks as you sprinted, dodging trees, the whole time very aware of the quick ghostly footsteps that followed you. It was as if he were mocking you. Taunting you with that devilish smirk you knew was etched into his peachy skin. You knew very well that he could appear in front of you at any moment, taking possession of the advantage that he had always had on you. Michael didn't have to waste his energy by following you on foot, but this was a game to him and he wanted you to feel every ounce of fear and suffering that he could possibly inflict on you. Ending it too soon wouldn't do anyone any good and it definitely would take all the fun out of the case. His voice seemed to surround you now, rather than come from a pinpointed location. His arrogant, sexualized taunting vibrated violently from within your own head.

"Are you even trying? For such an infuriating brat, you sure don't live up to your potential." All you could do was sob hysterically, using the back of your hand to wipe your vision clear so you didn't tumble face first into the damp moss and leaves that lay under you. But even as you tied, pushing your feet faster and faster, your lungs burning and aching for air; he still caught up to you. In one unnaturally quick movement, Michael swiftly grabbed your torso and slammed you up against a tree with such force it not only took your breath away, but a loud crack sputtered up the tree, far above your head into the sky like lightning. When you finally were able to return air to your lungs and find your voice once more you wept.

"Please! Just let me go!! I'm not used to you!" if you hadn't been begging for your life you would have been embarrassed about how weak your voice sounded.

"Shut your fucking mouth," Michael growled through clenched teeth, the grip he has on your throat, which you hadn't even noticed he had, tightening. His body seemed to be vibrating with anger.

"You really think I would let you get away, after such an act as that?" You squirmed, fingers desperately tugging at his slender but strong hand, your lungs aching for air.

But you knew that nothing you did would allow you to get away from the beast that kept you. He would drag you back to his cave and devour you, just like he had all the times before. You had no choice but to let him. So with a nod and an apology you did just that because after all,

Michael was the destiny that you couldn't cheat.