Why Do Ex Partners Always Try and Push Back into Your Life?

As always: all rights go to J.K. Rowling

Chapter Seven - Why Do Ex Partners Always Try and Push Back into Your Life?

Victor Krum strutted around thinking he was god's gift to women. He had girls falling at his feet just begging him for a date or two. He had his pick of women and really it was expected of him to have several scandals attached to his name. Any publicity was good publicity he thought.

There was however, still the one that got away. Hermione Granger had been the unusual girl he'd set his sights on during the Triwizard Tournament. Never had a girl made him work so hard for his attentions and he'd hoped to get something for all his troubles but he had been sorely disappointed. Every attempt had been foiled by certain Slytherin girls and he hadn't heard from Hermione since.

Fortunately, the Daily Prophet was great with reporting gossip and Hermione's transformation into a Zabini was front page news. Naturally Victor recognised how attractive Hermione had become in her transformation and thus felt he deserved another go at attracting her attention. With that in mind he headed towards Hogsmead with his goal in sight and his determination set.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

The girls were lounging around in their room, wondering what to wear for tomorrows Hogsmead trip. They'd been giggling for a while over the recent gossip circulating the school. Luna Lovegood had discovered the insults that Ginny had been spreading around the school and confronted her. There had been a massive argument between them and the divide between the girls of the school had worsened. Now you were either on the side of Ginny - girlfriend of Harry Potter, Bitch of Hogwarts and titled 'more rides than a broomstick Weasley – or on Hermione's side – 'muggle discovers real family, hot to trot check, goddess with a golden heart.

Hermione hadn't had her fair share of male suitors; there had been Victor Krum – which still gave her nightmares –, the ghastly Cormac and then the disappointment of Ronald. The war had started up before she could pursue anything seriously. She was, as they say, still a little 'innocent'. She'd read all the relevant books of course but they weren't the same as actually having the experience.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Victor Krum was in Hogsmead looking every bit the stuck up wizard he was. The students would start arriving soon and he had no worries about Hermione being with company. He'd get her alone if he wanted.

It was still warm enough not to have to cover up with lots of clothes. Hermione had chosen to wear her staple cowboy boots, black leggings, a plain maroon skater dress and a navy cardigan. Combined with the confidence she was learning she had, her whole image came across as an effortless charm. Hermione's style had never been too loud or demanding.

Blaise was on high alert. He'd heard rumours of Victor Krum's appearance in Hogsmead. He'd learnt snippets of what had happened from a very angry set of Slytherin girls when the incident had happened ad a very worried Hermione only recently. He currently stood before Draco, Adrian, Marcus and Gregory at looked every bit the stern general as he barked orders at his friends. They knew not why it was important to keep Krum away from Hermione but knew it must be something BIG to garner this level of response from Blaise.

The girls knew who was in town as well – though only Daphne and Pansy knew the real reason why it was essential to keep Krum away from Hermione. They hadn't told Hermione of the rumours because they didn't want to upset or scare her.