Judgement and Giraffes

As always: rights go to J.K. Rowling

This chapter has three different points of view - sorry if that's confusing for y'all.

Chapter Twelve - Judgement and Giraffes

Blaise P.O.V

Blaise was walking down the corridor minding his own business when he bumped shoulders with another person.

"Oi, watch it!"

"Urgh, Zabini, gross," sneered Potter.

"You got a problem with me Potter?"

"No, just everything you stand for."

"You have no idea what I stand for."

"I know that you don't care your sister is a whore."

"Don't you dare talk about things you don't understand."

"I'm not afraid of you Zabini or your precious Slytherin's."

"Maybe not but you should be afraid of my sister."

"Why would you say that?"

"She knows everything about you. Knows your fears and your weaknesses. She knows how you think at what you do. I wouldn't want to piss off the woman who had that much knowledge over me."

"Well your sister is still a whore."

"Still can't say her name? You were friends for seven years. You're such a joke."

"How dare you!"

"Oh I dare. You know nothing of the girl you were 'supposedly' best friends with."

"I know lots of things about her."

Blaise sneered, "oh really? What's her favourite colour? Favourite food? Favourite place, book? What does she want to do when she leaves Hogwarts? What really happened when she went to Australia? Or why she is so scared of Victor Krum?"

Blaise was shouting now. He knew it wasn't cool to lose his cool but he was really fed up with Potter's attitude. Hermione hadn't done anything wrong and was being penalised for who she was. That didn't sit right with him. Potter had remained silent at the end of Blaise's tirade, further proving his point.

"See, you know nothing about her."

"But Krum..."

"Krum attacked Hermione during the Yule Ball and it was Daphne and myself who saved her."

"He what? Why didn't she?" murmured Potter.

"Why didn't she what? Tell you? Probably because she knew what your responses would be even then."

Potter looked at him questioningly.

"Weaselette would have accused her of leading him on and would announce that she deserved it. Weasel would have told her she shouldn't have worn such a dress if she wasn't advertising and you would have assumed that it was her fault for not realizing his intentions sooner."

Potter opened his mouth to reply but Blaise cut him off, "save it for someone who cares Potter. You'll stay away from my sister if you know what's good for you and don't you ever call her a whore again."

"Or what?"

"Or you'll no longer be the boy-who-lived."

Both boys stormed off in different directions and neither noticed the hidden figure who had heard everything.