II

Katrine sighed, studying her room. The walls remained her favorite colors; black and lavender. Years later, they were still her favorite colors.

Klaus appeared in her doorway. 'I don't want to talk to Dad.'

"You have to." Katrine said.

Klaus frowned at her. "Stop reading my mind. I can't talk to Dad."

"Because you're not sober. You should really try to get sober. Who knows; maybe dear old Dad will have something useful to say."

He grabbed her wrist and led her down to the bar. Katrine instantly grabbed a glass of whisky and Klaus set the urn down.

He stood across from the bar and mockingly bowed. "To communicate with the dead, I might think about, I don't know. I don't know...manifesting!" He then placed his hands on his hips as though he was disciplining a child. "Do the big whole angry ghost lecture."

Klaus then held up his hands and mockingly prayed. "Tell everyone who done it and find eternal peace."

He ran a hand down his face. "Just need to sober up."

He looked at Katrine as she sipped her glass of whisky. She shook her head. "Oh, no you don't."

Instead of listening to her, Klaus reached for a glass and knocked the urn over. His hands immediately went up to his face and his eyes widened.

Katrine immediately grabbed the urn and brushed the ash in. "Don't worry. It's really quite fitting. Dad's rolling in his grave."

Klaus rolled another joint and started smoking it. He offered it to Katrine, and denied it. As much as she wanted one, to dull the thoughts, she couldn't. She had a reputation to maintain as a deputy.

Klaus made his way to the kitchen while Katrine stayed in the family room. Diego soon appeared and peeked outside before closing the doors. He smiled when he saw Katrine.

"Children behave. That's what they say when we're together." ♪

Diego took Katrine's hand and spun her around before dancing himself.

"And watch how you play. The don't understand and so we're running just as fast as we can."

Diego started doing the fishing pole move while Katrine did the disco move.

"Holdin' on to one another's hand."

Katrine danced around the couch like a ballerina while Diego continued his 80s dance moves.

"Tryin' to get away into the night, and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say-"

Once again, Diego took his sister's hand and danced with her.

"I think we're alone now. The beating of our hearts is the only sound."

Diego resumed his fishing pole move and Katrine started doing silly dance moves.

"Look at the way, we gotta hide what we're doin'. Cause what would they say, if they ever knew and so we're running just as fast as we can. Holdin' onto one another's hand. Tryin' to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say, I think we're alone now. There doesn't seem to be anyone around..."

The song continued blasting through the halls and the siblings continued dancing. Lightning struck and the music cut out. The lights shut off. Diego grabbed Katrine's hand and they ran outside, soon joined by their brothers and sisters. Outside, she noticed a blue fluctuating mass.