XV

The siblings arrived at the Icarus Theatre. Luther stood in front of them, ready to go in and stop Vanya. However, he was stopped by Allison and her notepad.

Katrine and I should go alone. Vanya will listen to us.

Katrine nodded, knowing Allison was right. The boys were too invested in stopping Vanya whereas the girls wanted to save her. Katrine knew Allison and Vanya's relationship was rocky at best, but she hoped that if Vanya saw that Allison forgave her, it might calm her down.

Luther, naturally, was opposed to the idea. "Allison, I can't let either of you do that, alright? She's beyond reasoning."

Katrine shook her head. "No, I don't think so. I think we can still get through to her with the power of words."

Diego lifted his head slightly. "You hear the music? It's started."

Luther looked at Allison. "Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

Katrine shot him a look. "Like it or not, this is our best option. You are not to go in there until we've had a chance to talk to Vanya."

Luther frowned at her. "You mean take control of her mind."

"Not unless I absolutely have to. I'm going to try talking to her first."

Klaus let out an impatient groan. "Guys, we don't have time for this."

Luther looked at his sisters and nodded. "Okay."

Katrine smiled tightly before running inside, Allison right behind her. Klaus was playing lookout, which Katrine knew wasn't the smartest idea.

The two of them entered the theatre itself and saw Vanya on stage. Even though she was glowing white, Katrine knew her sister was in her element.

Allison was looking at Vanya in complete awe. Katrine remembered the years she'd spent with Vanya discussing music and trying to play along with her big sister.

Vanya looked out across the crowd and saw her sisters and smiled. Katrine's hands were clasped and she was swaying to the music.

She started her solo and Katrine's hand started moving along to the music. Even though classical wasn't Katrine's favorite, the two had spent hours sharing music until both found something they liked. Katrine particularly loved the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky.

Allison and Katrine were enjoying the performance so much that they didn't see Luther and Diego run across the stage until a bright white energy knocked them back.

The crowd instantly fell into a panic and started screaming. They jumped up from their seats and started rushing out of the theatre. Katrine immediately helped usher them out. She noticed that the orchestra tried to escape, but Vanya flicked her bow. Another wave of energy flew over them and they immediately sat back down.

Vanya had moved to the center of the stage and she was still playing. Her white aura had changed to blue. She sent out another wave of energy towards her sisters, though she didn't mean to. It was her brothers she was angry at. Allison had moved closer to Luther and Diego.

Katrine hid behind the rows across from them and pulled out her gun. She wasn't going to use it on her sister, but as a distraction.

Yet another wave of blue energy shot across the auditorium and Katrine frowned. Vanya was out of control, and they needed to end this.

Luther glanced at Katrine. "The violin. It's her lightning rod."

"Gee. For someone who's so big, you don't have a lot of brains." Katrine retorted. "That much is obvious. I'm working out how to stop her without hurting her."