V

Five leaned over the doctor's desk in a bright white office while Klaus stood to the side.

The doctor Five had talked to prior frowned. "As I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

Five narrowed his eyes. "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name."

He shrugged. "Well, that's not my problem."

This doctor was irritating Five. All he wanted was to know the owner of the eye. If Klaus wasn't there, he might have forced the doctor into talking.

Speaking of, Klaus winked at Five before looking back at the doctor. "And what about my consent?"

The doctor frowned. "Excuse me?"

Klaus narrowed his eyes. "Who gave you permission to lay your hands...on my son?" He pretended to tear up.

Five wished Katrine was here so she could tell him what the hell Klaus was up to, but she had to work. He glowered at the doctor who said, "What?"

Klaus pointed at Five while glaring. "Oh, you heard me."

"I didn't touch your son." The doctor protested.

Klaus scoffed. "Oh, really? Then how did he get that swollen lip, then?"

What? Next thing Five knew, Klaus decked his face and his hand instantly went to his lip to find out that it was bleeding. He glared at his brother.

Klaus turned back to the doctor. "I want it. Name, please. Now."

The doctor's eyes widened. "You're crazy."

Klaus laughed. "You got no idea." He picked up the snow globe from the desk and studied it. "'Peace on earth.' That's so sweet." He smashed the snow globe over his head, causing shards to fly everywhere and blood to drip down his face.

"God, that hurt!" He cried and picked up the phone. "There's been an assault in Mr. Big's office and we need security now. Schnell!"

The doctor reached for the phone and Klaus stopped him. "Now, here's what's gonna happen, Grant."

"I-it's Lance."

Klaus went on like he hadn't heard the guy. "In about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door and they're gonna see a whole lot of blood, and they're gonna wonder, 'What the hell happened?'" Five smiled smugly at the doctor.

Klaus pretended to sob. "And we're gonna tell them that you...beat the shit out of us." He stood up straighter and smiled. "You're gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me. I've been there."

From the look the doctor was giving, Five guessed that he'd been there before.

"Little piece of chicken like you. Oh, my God, you're gonna get passed around like a..." He paused to think of the right words. "...little bitch. Yeah, yeah. You're just--you're gonna do great. That's all I'm saying."

Five smiled from the back, proud of his brother. Maybe coming with Klaus wasn't so bad after all.

The doctor narrowed his eyes at Klaus. "Jesus; you are a real sick bastard."

"Thank you." Klaus replied.

Lance looked through his files and frowned. "Huh. That's strange."

"What?" Five asked.

"Well, the eye. It's just, it hasn't been purchased by a client yet." His frown deepened. "This can't be right. It says that it hasn't even been manufactured yet." He gave the boys a look. "Where did you get that eye?"