The Proposal

(July 2017, 18 months prior to the events of The Umbrella Academy)

After they finished their shift, Lincoln took Katrine to Griddy's Diner. He had been secretive all day, and Katrine was really curious as to why. She'd tried to read Lincoln's mind, numerous times, but he kept blocking her out.

They two of them ordered the same thing they had when they'd first met. Turkey sandwiches and black coffee.

The waitress smiled. "Recreating a first date?"

Lincoln nodded. "Something like that."

"More like the day we first met." Katrine corrected, smiling at the memory.

After the two of them finished their dinner, Katrine noticed Lincoln was acting weirder than normal. He seemed nervous, which was totally uncharacteristic of him.

Lincoln ran his hand through his hair to calm himself down. He was incredibly nervous, but he'd be hopefully getting the girl of his dreams.

He took Katrine's hand and took her to the park, to the place they both loved going and just sitting and talking. He released a sigh. "Katrine Hargreeves. The day I met you, was the best day of my life. I fell in love instantly. Not just with your personality or how you look, but with everything about you. You're amazing, and I'm glad I met you. Katrine Hargreeves, will you--"

"Yes." Katrine answered. "Sorry, I did it again."

Lincoln laughed. "It's okay. Good."

He slipped the ring on her finger and she studied it. "This is beautiful, Lincoln."

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Katrine."

[Thank you so much for over 700 reads! It means so much!]