Little Fluff

Two of these take place in Diego's point of view

✫--✫

(Diego notices Klaus and Katrine are missing)

Diego walked around the Academy and searched each room. He wanted to ask Katrine something, but he couldn't find her.

He wanted to ask Grace, but he remembered he'd turned her off. He ran into Allison. "Have you seen Katrine or Klaus?"

Allison shook her head. "Not since yesterday. I assume Katrine is at the station and Klaus is out getting high. Like usual."

Diego frowned. "I already asked Patch. She hasn't seen Kat all day."

"Then maybe she had something to do. I don't know."

Diego huffed and walked off. He wasn't surprised he hadn't seen Klaus for awhile, but he would have expected to see Katrine. Even though they lived separate lives, they always remained close.

He knew something was wrong, but he also wanted to find Five, to make sure that he wasn't up to any trouble.

✫--✫

(Finding his siblings)

Diego made his way to the motel where Patch had said she was.

He walked up to the front desk and said, "Where's Patch?"

"Patch?"

"Detective Patch. Pretty, average height."

"Oh. Yeah. Room 210."

Diego made his way to the room, preparing to save his siblings and to help Patch. Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw.

Klaus was gone and Patch was holding an obviously bloodied towel to Katrine's chest. "W--What h--happened?"

Patch looked up at him, sadness obvious in her eyes. "She pushed me out of the way. They were going to shoot me, Diego."

Diego picked up Katrine bridal style. Patch frowned. "Wait. Where are you going?"

He started stuttering. "To the only place she can get help. H--home." He heard sirens and knew they had to go. "M--my sister is dying and needs help. I--I have to go."

Patch nodded and Diego ran out of the room.

He took Katrine back to the house and screamed, "Mom! Mom!"

Grace appeared and frowned. "What happened, Diego?"

"S--she saved P--Patch, but she's dying. M--mom, you've got to help her!"

He followed Grace into a room and laid Katrine on a gurney. He could hope that Klaus was safe.

Grace looked at Diego. "I don't think you should be here, Diego. This is going to be intense surgery."

Diego shook his head. "I'm staying until I know that she'll be okay."

"Very well."

He sat in the back so he could see his sister to make sure she was okay.

Along the line, he must have fallen asleep, because he felt someone shaking his shoulder and he jolted awake. It was just Pogo. "Master Diego, it's alright. Miss Katrine will be fine. We almost lost her a couple of times, but she's stable now. She'll be alright. It might be awhile before she wakes up, though."

Diego walked over to Katrine and realized how small she really was. She never seemed small when she was around her siblings. But seeing her unconscious, he saw how small and fragile she was. She could talk big, but it was another thing to see his little sister on a gurney fighting for her life.

He kissed her forehead and said softly, "I'll be back soon, Kat."

He made his way to the boxing club and glared at his boss. "Where are my brothers?"

"In your room. The detective okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine."

"But?"

"I couldn't find my brother and my sister almost died."

"She okay?"

"Yeah. She'll be alright."

"Diego?"

He turned as his boss said, "Don't kill your brothers."

"I can't promise that."

✫--✫

(Hints of the abuse Katrine suffered)

"Number Eight!" Sir Reginald yelled. "We need to do your lessons!"

Seven-year-old Katrine shook her head. "I don't wanna do them today."

"You must do them everyday. Come."

Katrine pouted and zoned in on her father's mind. She narrowed her eyes, trying to control him so she could be left alone to play.

Unfortunately, Sir Reginald anticipated that the young girl's actions. He took her shoulder and led her to her room. "You will stay here until you are ready to cooperate. If you have to stay here all day, then so be it."

The door clicked and Katrine started banging on the door as tears drifted down her face.

Much to Sir Reginald's dismay, he knew that Katrine was stubborn and wouldn't do her lessons if she didn't want to.

Klaus heard Katrine crying behind her door and ran to get Grace. "Mom, can you let Katrine out of her room?"

Grace frowned. "Your father wouldn't like it."

Klaus shook his head. "I don't care. She shouldn't be locked in her room. Please, Mom. Let her out."

Grace nodded and unlocked the door to Katrine's room. Instantly, she ran out and hugged Grace. "Dad locked me in there, Mom. Thank you, Klaus."

He smiled at her and hugged her. "Dad's not gonna get away with this."

Katrine frowned. "You can't do anything."

"I can try. We'll try, Kat."

He hugged his little sister tightly, never wanting to let her go.