Thorin - You are the reason prt 2

A/N: Song: you are the reason by Calum Scott

Thorin took a small breath and nodded, readjusting his sitting position as he scratched his beard.

"I have a song for you."
"F.. for me..?"
"Aye, can I sing it to you?"

Shyly, you nodded and quickly connected eyes with him before they darted away again. You heard Thorin take a breath before his voice cut the silence, it was deep but soft.

There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

You dared to look at him to find him already looking at you, a hand over his heart as he sang.

There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now

Thorin dared to shuffle forward, a small smile spreading across his lips when you didn't move away. Though your heart was beating wildly, you weren't sure whether it was because of him anymore or his words.

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

This time it was you that moved forward, you stood on your feet and padded a little closer, standing there with your hands balled in the fabric of your tunic.

There goes my hand shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now

Thorin held out his hand and you were shocked to see it was actually shaking, the steady hand of the dwarf king was shaking.

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark

The tears you saw in his blue eyes made you take a few more steps closer, only two steps between you two, but Thorin dared not reach out. So you did, you leaned forward and pressed your forehead to his as you grabbed his furs lightly.

I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe
And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason, oh

Sinking to you knees once again, you still held onto his furs as you closed your eyes.

(I don't wanna fight no more)
(I don't wanna hurt no more)
(I don't wanna cry no more) you whispered the three lines.

(Come back, I need you to hold me closer now)

Thorin wiped a stray tear from his face. His voice has begun to crack. He placed on of his hands over your own.

You are the reason, oh
(Just a little closer now)
(Come a little closer now)
(I need you to hold me tonight)
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

Thorin finished the song just as softly as he had begun it, and the pair of you sat there in silence. Moving back, you opened your eyes and watched him. You saw his hand come up towards your face and you flinched back, connecting eyes with his sorrow filled ones, you gently placed your hand over his and pressed his palm to your face.

Your hand went to his face as you rubbed his tears away with your fist. His thumb ran over the scar on your neck.

"I did this..."
"It's okay... it was the sickness."
"No my love, it's not. I should have never hurt you, I should have never spoken to you in the way I did. When the others told me what I did after the war I was torn, I was horrified. I spent the last few years trying to find out how to make it up to you. I took many classes from anyone willing to offer them to my in song writing. I hope in your kind heart you can forgive me."
"I do."

Thorin smiled and he pressed his forehead to your as he took a shaky breath.

"Mama!"

Eyes widening you quickly pulled back to see Icarus stood behind you with a flower in his hand. Walking over, he handed it to you and kissed your cheek.

"No sad."
"I promise no more being sad my little prince." You laughed lightly.

He nodded and cuddled into your chest as he gazed at Thorin, Thorin gazed back just as intently and you could see the gears in his head turning. Then you saw shock followed by the hint of curiosity.

"You have a son?"
"His name is Icarus." You smiled.
"That's a beautiful name."
"It is." You agreed.
"He looked very much like me." He noted.
"He looks very much like his father."

You again saw Thorin thinking about this before he gasped.

"I.. is he mine...?"

You nodded and kissed your sons head, pulling him a little closer.

"I have a son..." he whispered, "I have a son! Master Baggins I have a son!" He laughed.

From down the hall you could hear Bilbo laugh at Thorin. You smiled at how excited he was and he looked between the pair of you with pure happiness over his face.

"(Y/N) Baggins, if you will allow me, I would like to spend every day for the rest of whatever life I have left earning your trust and love once again. I would like to be our sons life, I will give up the whole of Erebor if I must."
"You needn't do that Thorin. I will allow you the chance to earn my trust and love back. And you may be in Icarus' life, it isn't fair to keep you away."

Thorin smiled and kissed the top of your head as he shuffled closer, pulling something from his pocket it was your turn to gasp.

"Your courting bead?"
"Aye, I kept it. Will you wear it once more?"
"I..." you chewed your lip, "Yes."

Thorin kissed your cheek and allowed his fingers to gently braid your hair like he had don't once before and place he bead in, his fingers running along your cheek before he held out his hand in front of Icarus.

"Little Prince of Erebor."

Icarus looked at you and you nodded, watching as he took Thorin's hand as he stood up, his little form still small the the dwarf kings as he sat. You knew you wouldn't forgive Thorin fully or right away, a part of you will always remember what happened, but you wanted to give him that chance. He was the reason you found love, he was the reason you had a beautiful son, he deserved one more chance