Frodo - Lullaby

A/N: The song used is Sleepsong by Secret Garden

You frowned as you watched Frodo stumble once again. As the quest went on you noticed he got worse and you weren't sure what to do. as a human, you knew that you could only go so long without sleep and you were sure it was the same with Hobbits. You had been walking with Sam occasionally catching him or Frodo before they fell. Merry and Pippin were giggling up front near Aragorn.

"Can you help him Miss (Y/N)?" Sam asks quietly.

Looking down at the hobbit, you smiled and nodded your head, falling back to walk alongside Gimli, Legolas and Boromir.

"Can one of you hold my stuff for a little while?"
"The weight getting to you?" Boromir teased.
"Not at all, I'm going to try get Frodo to sleep a little bit."
"That's nice of you lass, I'm sure the elf will take your bag."
"Of course." Legolas smiled.

Handing him your things you smiled at the three and quickened your pace, catching Frodo as he tripped over another tree root. His eyes connected with yours and his cheek tinted a slight red. With your arms cradling the hobbit you smiled down at him.

"May you put me down?" He asked shyly.
"Nope, you need to rest."
"I... I'm not tired."
"Do not lie to me mister hobbit, you haven't been sleeping. I know you're worried but you must rest."

Frodo just nodded and rested his head on your chest as his hand went to clutch the ring. Something that you noticed but didn't say anything about. A few moments passed when he looked up at you.

"Can you sing for me...?"
"Of course I can. I know the perfect song."

As you begun to hum the start of the song you saw a little smile spread across the hobbits lips as he wiggled closer to you, resting his head in the crook of your neck.

Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby
Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay

Glancing down at Frodo, you saw he had his eyes closed and a peaceful smile on his face.

And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow
Bless you with love for the road that you go

Gingerly you brushed a few strands of hair from his face, rubbing your thumb along the skin of his cheek as he leaned into your touch.

May you sail far to the far fields of fortune
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet
And may you need never to banish misfortune
May you find kindness in all that you meet

Lowering your head you pressed a tender kiss to the top of his head. The others were watching with smiles of their own and you noticed and Aragorn was now carrying two tired looking hobbits while Boromir had Sam on his back while he slept, he was sat on Boromir's bag while Boromir held his wrists lightly around his neck.

May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm
Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay

Frodo opened his eyes a little but they quickly slid back shut.

May you bring love and may you bring happiness
Be loved in return to the end of your days
Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay
May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm
Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay, loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay

Humming the ending, you smiled softly as you noticed that Frodo had fallen peacefully asleep.

"You have a beautiful voice."
"Aye, the elf is right."
"Nearly sang me to sleep too." Boromir grinned.
"Thank you guys." You laughed.

As you got closer to the edge of the forest you saw Gandalf stood there with a knowing look on his face as he took a glance at the sleeping hobbits.

"She sang them all to sleep." Aragorn chuckled quietly.

Quietly he fell in line with you all, no one wanting to disturb the four as the slept.

You weren't sure how long you had been walking but when you felt Frodo shuffle you glanced down, you felt his face being buried in your neck. His fingers clutched your coat lightly

"Y... you're my angel... right (Y/N)...?" He asked sleepily.
"Yes, I am. I'll watch over you my little hobbit." You whispered back