The company - Dragonborn

Sighing under your mask, you knocked on the door and waited, pulling your hood over your head a bit more. Clasping your hands behind your back, you watched as the door opened and a group of people looked out.

"Uhm... may I help you?" The smallest asked with a hint of fear.
"Ah! Dovahkin, my friend you have come."

Flicking your eyes to the voice you smiled lightly under the mask and bowed. The small man stepped aside and allowed you in. Adjusting your bag, you followed Gandalf to a table and took his offered seat. Everyone sat back down and you noticed a pair of blue eyes intensely starring at you. Gandalf quietly introduced everyone to you and then the man who was starring at you stood up.

"Who is this?" He asked angrily, "we don't need another person on this journey, whoever this is will only drag us down."
"This person, Thorin Oakenshield, is your only hope of defeating Smaug." Grandad frowned.

Thorin scoffed and you pulled your mask off to receive several gasps.

"A girl!" A few cried.
"We can't bring a girl!"
"What are you thinking bringing a woman here?!" Thorin hissed.
"Silence!" Gandalf yelled.

The whole room turned to him in silence and you leant back on your chair.

"I am (Y/N) (L/N). I have many titles, the one you will do to know is Dragonborn." You spoke calmly.
"What's a dragonborn lass?" Bofur asked.
"A Dragonborn is a powerful warrior, a body of a human and the soul of a dragon. We can speak their language, read it. I can absorb a dragon's soul upon its death. I have also learnt the way of the voice."
"The way of the voice?" Kili asked.
"I can project my voice into a thu'um or shout, it is a powerful form of magic. There are many thu'ums, from shouts of great destruction to shouts to summon dragons. I have learnt them all."

Everyone went silent and you placed your mask on the table.

"What kind of armour is that?" Fili questioned.
"This? It is dragon bone."

You heard small whispers before they all went silent again.

"Why is your mask glowing?"
"Well Bilbo, this is Morokei, the dragon mask from the dragon priest Morokei whom I slain in battle years ago. It allows me to use my magic without having to worry about my energy."
"Are there more?"

Turning to Nori you nodded and pulled another out of your bag.

"This is the wooden mask, it holds unknown power, but when I wear it time is frozen as I am transported elsewhere, there I can change my mask if I so wish with one of the others I have."

Everyone nodded and they all turned back to Thorin and Gandalf. Pulling some bread out of your bag you begun to nibble it while you listened halfheartedly to their conversation out of boredom you pulled out some more things from your bag and begun to reorganise it. When you were done you noticed many people had left including Bilbo and Gandalf, it was just you and Thorin sat eating.

With a small sigh you got up of the chair, grabbed your mask and begun to look around.

"Nice little home." You hummed.
"Thank you."

Turning around you saw Bilbo stood in a doorway, you smiled down at him and sat down against the wall.

"Are you going on the quest?"
"I... I don't know." He sighed.
"It is entirely your choice Bilbo, no one can make you come, but, I promise you that if you do I shall be there with you every step of the way."
"Thanks (Y/N)." He smiled, "I'll be heading to bed, if you want you can sleep in my bed, it might be to small though, all the other rooms are taken."
"Nonsense I'll sleep on the floor."

Bilbo looked like he wanted to argue but he just nodded leading you into his room. He gathered a few blankets and spread them out, then two pillows and handed you on more blanket.

"I hope it's okay."
"It's perfect, thank you."

Shrugged your bag off, you placed it in the corner. You pulled of your armour leaving you in some trousers and a tunic. Laying down, you placed a hand under your head and quickly drifted into a light sleep