Attacked

On Genarius Prime, (an actual 40k planet), in the Hive of Seros, a more ancient city design compared to other hives, a mysterious structure appeared. Measuring 100 feet wide, and 50 feet tall, the structure was made of stone. Several civilians investigated it, confused on what it was. As more and more gathered, a woman aimed her camera, wanting to take a picture, when suddenly, a beast flew out, and ate her torso,and head, ripping the arms as legs off as it flew by, before more joined the beast, ravaging and eating people. Ork like creatures rushed out, chopping and grabbing people with axes, while smaller creatures jumped on civilians who ran away, stabbing into their necks.

As more rushed out a warning was sent out.

"This is district 10, all citizens, retreat to emergency shelter, PDF forces along with Arbites Forces have been dispatched." Was on loop over intercoms across the section.

Men walked forward in formation, Spears raised, with men on horses riding on the flanks. The horses ran out, sword stabbing into any who got too close, while the infantry simply walked forward, stabbing the civilians who were too slow.

As casualties reached 1000, a man spoke up, as a flag was planted in a pile of bodies.

"All you savages, Listen up well. We, the empire declare the conquest and annexation of all these lands in the name of the emperor, Molto Sol Augustus." The man read.

The small forts known as Arbites stations had their turrets shoot at any man who got close, blasting through the shield, and armor. As the turrets ran out of ammo, Arbites used their heavy stubbers on the large crowd. The ground shook, as Chimeras rolled in behind hellhounds. The hellhounds used their flame throwers to burn away the enemy from behind, as PDF troops unloaded, and used stun guns against the feudal soldiers.

As panic spread across the attacking force, Arbites had their gates open, and their Cyber-Mastiffs out. The dogs quickly attacked, dozens were killed, before the Arbites finally were ready. They charged out, suppression shield in one hand, and power maul in the other.

Dozens of arrests were made, dozens more were killed, but, the enemy had last what ever they had gained. The governor of Seros wrote to the planetary governor, who wrote to the sub-section governor, who wrote to the section governor, who wrote to the sigmentum governor, who wrote to the high lords, which simply read, "help, we need the guard to investigate this gate way to another world."

So the high lords decided, they'd send in, the Death Korp, due to how close it was, and then, looked at commanders. Several young high born were asked, but, a single candidate stood out, one Ulrik Von Russki.