Senate 2

Magnus walked up to the podium, everyone's attention focused on him. Itami and Rory looked at the guardsman. The area around his eye shimmered, almost as if it was one fire. He stood at the podium, looking at the chairwoman. His hands gripped the podiums side.

"The God-Emperor of Mankind is the ruler of the Imperium of Man, known to slay gods of war, he created the 9 primarchs, who died in a war fighting the evil of the warp. He brought rain to Mars, he created the perfected warriors, the space marines, and more importantly, he is the one who told the greatest man of Krieg, to hold out against the enemy, no sacrifice will ever be enough to repent for the sins our forefathers created." Magnus said.

"What was this sin?" the chair-woman asked.

"The Autocrat Council." Magnus said.

"What did they do?" The chair woman asked.

"They turned from the Emperor's light, thinking they are were better than the emperor. Our founder, Colonel Jurten, bathed Krieg in the nuclear Holy Flame, a final gift from the Emperor for us to fight on the traitors." Magnus said.

"Nuclear Fire?" a man asked.

"They nuked their own planet?" another asked.

"Can you explain what a space marine is?" The chair woman asked.

"The most powerful versions of humanity." Magnus explained.

The council looked at the man.

"Do you understand sacrifice?" Magnus asked.

"What?" the chair woman asked.

"Do you, understand, sacrifice?" Magnus asked.

"Yes, the act of giving something up for the hopes of something good." the chairwoman asked.

"You are wrong, true sacrifice, is giving everything you can, until you have nothing can be given, The death Korp of Krieg will sacrifice a thousand men to take a fort held by the enemy, we are some of the most loyal servants of the emperor. From what I have seen, the only ones who dare even sacrifice themselves, are the soldiers, you sit here, safe, and thinking you are better than the men who are willing to sacrifice their life." Magnus said.

By the time Magnus let go of the podium's sides, there were burn marks, as if a flame was pressed on them. He sat down, and the questioning continued, Magnus was not asked any questions.