Chapter Nineteen

Hey guys!
Sorry this is late but the weekend for me has one hour left so I'm doing pretty good on posting on the weekend 😂 anyways, I've been going through some shit again but I'm getting my life back together so the final chapter should be up Saturday. I do want to thank you guys so much again for giving this book so much love and support. Like 2K reads? And it was eligible to hopefully get a Watty Awards? I still can't believe it so thank you. Once I end this book there will be an announcement right after the chapter is posted!
P.S. I do reference Stranger Things, so don't spoil anything if you want to comment about it! I'm still on the first season as you will be able to tell from where I reference. I am a little bit farther than that, but just to be on the safe side. I've gone through all of these years without spoilers so I'd like to keep it that way. Thanks guys 😊 and yes I'm a little late to the Stranger Things game, but hey I'm here now.
Directioner4Ever1314 💕
*******************************************

BRENDON'S POV

I got home from dropping off Lisa, and at first I didn't want to go home right away. I drove to a bar, but just sat in the parking lot and I decided I should go home to Sarah instead of drinking alone. So I went to a gas station and grabbed some beer. I am going to drink tons tonight since I will most likely never see my daughter again. There is no way I am going to win this battle. Especially because I need a character reference, and who the hell am I going to get that from? It can't be a family member so I'm fucked. I didn't realize how upset this actually made me that I would come into the house and Lisa won't be in her room or on the couch with dogs and Sarah. That girl has changed my life, just like when I met Sarah. Except they changed my life for different ways. I parked in the garage and sighed before taking out the keys of the car and grabbing the beer. I climbed out of the car and walked into the house. Penny and Bogart came rushing up to me when they heard me and I pet them for a few minutes.

" Hey, how did it go with Lisa?" Sarah asked.

Sarah is in now pajamas and she has her black hair up in a high pony tail.

" It fucking sucked. How am I going to do this Sarah? Go on life living that I have a daughter now and I won't be able to see her. I can't do that, when I was falling in love with you while you had a boyfriend I couldn't just move on from you and pretend you didn't exists. I'm not that type of person. I don't know how I'm going to get through with this or deal with this." I explained, and I didn't realize I had started crying until Sarah came up to me and whipped a few of my tears away.

" B, you are an amazing man. Everyone around you sees how amazing of a father you are to that girl. I'm amazed at how fast your dad instincts came in, especially once Lisa got a boyfriend. The judge will see that, especially because I gathered a few people to help out with a character reference." Sarah softly smiled at me.

" Really? Who?" I asked, trying to get my voice back to normal.

Sarah handed me two sheets of paper and I looked at both of them. I didn't realized she had papers in her hand before. They were both written by Nicole and Jake.

" I would have gotten your whole team and band but that would have been too much. Nicole offered to do it right away and so did Jake. Jake spends the most time with you especially when Lisa is around." Sarah finished.

I kissed her on the cheek and after I quickly whipped away the tears that had fallen down from my face.

" I love you." I sniffled, but smiled softly at her.

" I love you too. Also no matter what happens, Lisa will be in our life's again."

LISA'S POV

" Your... what?" I choked, as I felt my heart stop.

" I'm going to stay in Maine for a little bit with my parents while your mom deals with her shit." Andrew sighed.

" Hold on, you and mom aren't getting a divorce?" I shakily asked.

" Huh? Oh god no, sorry Lisa. When I mean I am leaving your mom I meant while the whole custody battle starts. We aren't getting a divorce, I'm just upset with her right now. Ever since she brought up the brilliant plan." Andrew explained more.

" Andrew next time start with that. Because I almost just broke down again thinking that I was loosing another dad too, and I can't loose anymore men in my life." I sniffled a little, as relief and sad tears came.

" Your never going to loose me Lisa. I promise you." Andrew assured me, and I could see guilt on his face on how he worded things and my thought of him actually leaving me.

" Okay." I breathed. " Why are you leaving to go to Maine than? Why can't you just stay at a hotel or something while your mad at mom? Why are you even mad at mom?" I continued to ask question after question, once I started to calm down.

" Once she brought up that she wanted to sue Brendon for full custody I agreed with it at first. But than I put my self in Brendon's shoes. If I had a daughter who I didn't get to see grow up, and take their first steps, go to their first day of school, watch them make their first group of friends and have daddy daughter dates I know that would make me feel like shit. I could only imagine how Brendon feels right now. I tried to knock some sense into her and she didn't agree with me, and she said we should take a break." Andrew explained, with a sigh.

My eyes widened a little when Andrew said ' take a break.'

" We are not taking a break like how Ross and Rachel did. I'm not going to cheat on your mom while I'm away." He quickly said, once he saw my reaction to his statement.

" Okay, because I don't know how my mom would handle that." I told him.

" I don't know how I would handle it if your mom cheated on me. I'm going to be back once the trial is over and you are back from Ohio. Alright?" Andrew assured me, but I didn't want to see him go.

" Alright." I choked up again, tears filling my eyes.

Andrew pulled me into a hug and I hugged him tight.

" I love you Andrew." I cried a little.

" I love you too Lisa. Everything that is about to happen is going to be fine." Andrew replied.

After saying goodbye to Andrew I watched him leave my room. He made me turn on at least the lamp so I wasn't in complete darkness. I sighed and decided to turn on my TV. I checked my messages from my mom and she said that her and my grandpa went to go get dinner, and that everything was fine now. Well between them anyways. I rolled my eyes and clicked on Stranger Things. I've tried to watch this show before, but life just got in the way and right now I need a good distraction. The episode I'm on I can relate too, because Mike's sister is about to looser her virginity to a guy she just started seeing and now he's kind of being a dick. It started to take me back to flashbacks of the night I lost my virginity to Cole. Once all of that ended with her the show got easier to watch, without relating to it so much.

I heard knocking on my downstairs door and I groaned. If it was my mom or my grandpa they both have keys so they can walk in. Even if it was Shawn he knows to just walk in. I pressed paused on the TV and slowly walked down the stairs. I didn't want to talk to whoever it was at the door, but it could be something for my mom. I put on my acting face even though it was extremely hard too and opened the door. My heart sank into my chest when I opened the door.

" Cole."