6. The Parting Part 2

You woke up again half an hour later, and reached out for me at once.

"Mina," you whispered. "Your hair...it's grown so long..."

Slowly you uncoiled the band knotting my hair up in a ponytail, and I stopped breathing, listening to your deep, even exhalations as your fingers worked at my hair, and my hair loosened and began to slide. It fell all at once, cascading heavily over my shoulders.

I turned my head to look at you, suddenly shy.

You were staring at my hair.

"It's beautiful," you murmured, burying your fingers in the long tresses, gently working apart the strands, lifting and spreading them.

"Your hair is like liquid gold." You suddenly lifted the mass to your face. "Like flowers..."

"Roses...you smell of roses...I won't be able to walk past a rose bush, or see a rose now without thinking of you, without going crazy for you, darling..."

"It's my shampoo, it's scented rose petals..."

"It's on your skin too..." You lowered his head, and brushed feathery kisses all over me. "It's on you...it's intoxicating...I could drown in you, Mina, I could drown in you forever, I wouldn't ever come up for air, I don't ever want to..."

"You're such a poet, Na Jaemin..."

"I told you, you've made me a poet...I've become a poet because of you...you've driven me wild with poetry," you whispered against my lips.

"I've never heard of a wild poet before..."

"I'm your wild poet," you said, and you kissed me fiercely. "Remember that. I'm Kim Mina's first and only wild poet."

"Do you want to hear some more wild poetry from your wild poet?"

"I do," I breathed.

"I'd walk through fire for you," you said, your voice hoarse. "I'd willingly go to hell for you."

"If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one of them."

"Oh Jaemin, darling..." I whispered, kissing him tenderly. "You wouldn't need to make me yours...I was yours from the start, I've always been yours..."

We kissed, and clung to each other desperately.

It was almost time to go.

We sat on a bench at the train station, holding hands tightly.

"Your hands are so cold. Why are they so cold?" you muttered, as if to yourself, and you kissed them, and chafed them, gripping them tight between your own icy ones.

I did not say anything. I couldn't. I was weighed down by sadness. Its heaviness pressed down on me, like a stone, crushing me, pinning me beneath it. Sadness is a very heavy thing. My body weighed twice what it had only a moment earlier.

I turned.

Your face was in shadow and I couldn't quite make it out.

"Just hold on. Just for a minute." Your voice was raw, painful in its misery.

"Jaemin..."

'I'm fine. I just . . . "

I could see your pale face, the tightness in your lips, the misery in your eyes.

"I don't want you to go in just yet. I just want to sit here with you and not have to think about . . . ' You swallowed.

"I - just...just for a few minutes more..."

I closed my eyes and lay my head against your chest, and we sat there together for a while longer, two people clinging to their love desperately, half-hidden in shadow on a misty autumn morning.

I used to love the mists, I used to think they were terribly romantic. But I have come to associate the mists with you, my darling. The mists are just sad now, so terribly, terribly sad. For every time we say goodbye, the mists have become a part of our parting...

I had a million things to say and but now, I was at a loss. All I could do was swallow, and keep swallowing, to choke back the sobs that had risen in my throat for you...

I rose to my feet and kissed you, like people kiss at airports, full of love and desperate longing, kisses that must imprint themselves on their recipient for the long journey, for the empty minutes, hours, weeks, days, and months that stretched ahead...

I kissed you, and your kiss tasted of sadness, of pain and yearning, whispering to me, of our happy times, so fleeting, and all too swift...

And my heart broke, and I know yours did too, and my tears bled, and dampened your skin, and you held me tight, and whispered, with a break to your voice, "I love you. I love you so much. Know that I carry you with me wherever I go, know that you own me, body and soul..."

Oh God, I am crying again...

I can hardly see what I am writing in this watery ink, mingled with my tears...

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

I will leave out the fullstops, because my love for you is endless, it will never stop...