13. Opportunity

"Huh? The brat did?" Aihara thought aloud. All eyes were redirected to you as you sat quietly in the seat next to L.

"Is it true, (Y/n)?" Mr Yagami asked, adjusting his glasses. Not sure what to say in the moment, you nodded your head to confirm that L was right in what he was saying. Aihara clicked his tongue, rolling his eyes.

"As if the brat's done anything useful, I don't believe that for a second."

"Why do you challenge my ability?" you questioned, it coming across as an insult in the view of the older male. His eyes narrowed, moving forward to grab at the front of your shirt. But before this could happen, Light caught his wrist, your chair being pulled closer to L and away from Aihara.

"Remember that you're not only talking to 'A' but also the chief's daughter," Light growled, looking over his shoulder and meeting your gaze.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Nodding, he released Aihara's wrist and glared at him before approaching you. But as he did so, your chair was pulled even closer to L's and away from Light. Your brother didn't seem happy about this, his glare shifting to the raven-haired detective.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked, not hiding his hostility.

"Please leave Miss Yagami and I be, Light, we'll be working." Light didn't seem to give up, his hand grabbing onto the back of your chair.

"Well, if she's working then she should head back over to her desk, don't you think?" he challenged. Your eyes moved between the two males, confused as you tried to read their behavior. Light's eyebrows were furrowed in annoyance that this wasn't going his way, you could only relate it to your previous conversation where Light had told you not to get too close to L. Whereas L, who remained calm and very difficult to read. His actions suggested that he wished for you to stay next to him, his dark eyes staring back at Light's, warning him off without showing any emotion within them.

"I'll have to agree with you, Light. But since I'll be moving Miss Yagami's work space beside mine, she'll just have to stay here." Giving up, Light walked off and over to his father to do something else. Once that was over, you turned and looked at L who had his eyes on the screen.

"Can you find me information on the girl?" he asked, biting at the nail of his thumb. Looking back at the screen and scanning her face, you agreed.

"What's the address of the apartment building?" you asked, leaving to grab your laptop only to return a second later.

"67 Redwash road," he informed, beginning to go over more footage which had been taken from outside the apartment building. While he did this, you were already hacking into the building's information and database. Gaining entrance, you looked over the tenants and immediately found the girl.

"Miyuki Yasumoto," you read aloud, L looking at you in his peripherals.

"Anything else you can get on her?" he asks.

"I'll find everything else I can."

And so you did, you found everything on her and it wasn't difficult. Her social media gave you a brief outline and hacking into accounts and overlooking everything that was available added to that also. There was a lot there to go over, giving you everything you needed for your first mission outside of the task force building.

Barely five minutes had passed and you had everything you could get on her. Not only her, but the people she associated herself with and information people would dream of being able to get their hands on. Some may call it an invasion of privacy but this was your job, if they were suspected of doing something illegal this information was necessary.