35. Attached

Entering the room with the other task force members, you immediately noticed that there was a new addition to the group. Not only that but Light and Mr Yagami had returned. Seeing that they were both there meant that both Misa and Light were innocent, or at least they had been able to fake it.

You on the fence with the idea of Light being a Kira suspect since he was someone you cared about a lot, you remember how he was the first person you could put any kind of trust in. Sure, you became comfortable around Mr Yagami and his wife quickly but not as much as Light. Although he was young, he was open-minded and helped you a lot. His child-like innocence worked as a barricade from the things that frightened you the most, keeping everything you talked about simple and entertaining.

Walking further into the room, the other task force members began to notice your presence. Both Mr Yagami and Light seemed to light up after spotting you, the pair hurrying over with the new addition in tail. Now being free from their cells, you were greeted by a hug from both father and son, Mr Yagami getting in there first.

"Sachiko told me about your visit, I'm proud of you," he chuckled, a large smile etched into his wrinkled face. Pulling back, Light was next to hug you. He didn't speak, only taking a moment to relax being so close to his older sister.

"You doing alright?" you asked quietly, not wanting the others to hear. He nodded, pulling back with a small smile of his own.

"Just fine, I just missed you," he expressed, taking a step back to stand beside the final person. Lifting your head, you took in their appearance. You were quick to recognise her from the party you had attended with light, it was Misa Amane, a friend of the girl originally suspected to be the second Kira.

"And you've  already met my girlfriend, Misa," he pointed out, gesturing to the blonde beside him.

"Big sis! Or can I call you (Y/n)-chan?" she asked, sounded excited. With a dull stare, you nodded your head.

"Sure," you answered, your voice a void of emotion. Misa picked up on this immediately, staring intensely at you.

"Wait, are you really Light's sister? I just remember her to be a lot uh... happier," she brought up, cocking her head to the side as if it would give her a different perspective. Feeling a hand pat your forearm, you turned to see Mr Yagami chuckling once again.

"Well, our (Y/n) is an undercover cop that tends to change character whilst working. When you met each other she was most likely in character so she probably seems like a different person right now," he informed her, Misa's gaze shifting between Mr Yagami and yourself as he spoke. It took her a moment before her face lit up, the girl leaping forward to grab a hold of your hands. You weren't too bothered by the sudden contact, seeing nothing hostile in her excited smile.

"Are you A?" she asked, looking at you with hopeful eyes. You paused for a moment, thinking over what was happening. It was rare for you to have interactions like this since people were usually oblivious to the fact that you were the renowned A. It was only when you revealed who you were that people would be happy to meet you, especially those who would get to work with you.

"Yes I am," you answered, observing how her eyes sparkled after hearing your response. Her arms were quick to wrap around your body in an embrace, her face pressing into your neck. Mr Yagami was surprised by the blonde's reaction, one of his eyebrows cocking as he watched the girl that hugged you.

"Do you know much about A?" he asked, catching her attention. She pulled her face back to pay the older male attention, keeping her arms wrapped around one of yours.

"Of course, I see things about her on tv all the time. But once I was saved by her," she expressed, surprising the father and son. Light met your gaze, looking the most interested in what had happened between the two of you.