Chapter 9: Concern

(Y/n) was working at the cafe, as usual. Vergil started to visit him frequently from now on. It made (Y/N) glad to see Vergil again. Everyday Vergil and (Y/N) would spend the entire afternoon in the cafe or out demon patroling (which is actually referred as romantic walks *cough* *cough*). It felt like it was an everyday routine. If only there was a way to make things go better....

Or maybe there is?

Vergil walked down the path that was ahead of him. He was planning on meeting up with (Y/n) on the park this evening. His head didn't hung low, but his mind was lingering on a question. A question he wanted to ask (Y/N). A question he never thought he would ask to this day.

"Hey Vergil!" Vergil's train of thought was interrupted by (Y/n)'s voice from behind. (Y/n) walked next to Vergil and asked, "Are you ok? It looks like somethings bothering you." Vergil cleared his throat and reassured (Y/n) that he was fine, but (Y/n) doubted him. "You don't look fine to me. Vergil if something's bothering you then let me know ok? I'm worried about you".

Vergil looked at (Y/n) with a confused look on his face, "You're worried about me? Why?" Vergil asked. "Because I care about you Vergil. I just wanna make sure that you're alright."

"You care about me?" Vergil asked, "Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?". Vergil then looked forward and said, "You shouldn't care about someone like me"

(Y/n) looked at Vergil with concern in his eyes as he spoke, "Look, I may not know what's happening in your life, but I wanna help you Vergil. If you ever need someone to talk to, come to me ok?" Vergil looked at (Y/n) who was smiling at him, then he looked down and noticed that (Y/n) was holding his hand as they walked alongside each other.

(Y/n) noticed that Vergil looked down, so he looked down as well. Somehow, (Y/n) was already holding Vergil's hand. "S-Sorry" (Y/n) quickly removed his hand from Vergil's, but then Vergil said, "No, please... I don't mind at all"

Vergil slowly intertwined his hand alongside (Y/n)'s. It made (Y/n) blush and look away which made Vergil very concerned, thinking that it made (Y/n) feel uncomfortable. "Unless... It bothers you..."

(Y/n) told Vergil that he was completely fine with it and soon, their fingers slowly started to intertwine as they walked down the streets holding hands with a smile on their faces.

•Be sure to vote and Comment to show your support 😊 •