008

"Oh no."

What appeared to be a large monster made of water emerged from water itself, immediately causing destruction to whatever was in sight.

Ned and Betty, who were in a gondola, crashed into a door, landing on the pier that everyone else stood on. Megan and Michelle quickly rushed to Betty, helping her out of the boat while Peter went to help Ned.

"We gotta get outta here." Megan frantically said to the two girls.

"Well, duh! Come on!" And so they ran as fast as they could away from the monster, leaving Peter behind. Megan assumed Peter would be handle it since he was a "hero" after all.

"Hey guys!" Ned yelled as he caught up to them. "Do you know what we're doing? Cause I don't!"

"Just run!" Megan yells back.

While running to god knows where, they all saw their classmates hiding behind a building, and decided to go to them.

Michelle noticed Brad with them, and immediately questioned him. "Brad? Where did you go?"

"Um, I ran, like, as fast as I could." He replied.

"Jesus- Hey, who is that?" Up in the sky, an unknown hero was flying around, shooting green lasers.

"I don't know, but he's kicking that water's ass." Brad said.

Within minutes the monster was no more, and the hero whose name no one knew stood in front of the people, and they all applaud for him. But within a flash in flew away, not saying a word.

Peter, who was far away from his classmates, took out the box in which the necklace was in, and it thankfully was still in its original condition. He spent way too much money on it, and he would be very upset if it were to break.

"Back to the sinking hotel, anyone?" Megan proposed.

"Please." Michelle answered and began walking in the direction of the hotel.

•••

Later when they got there, everyone sat in the lobby watching the news to see what really happened today.

Ned was on his laptop doing research, and he only had one conclusion. "It's aliens. It has to be."

"Buzzfeed said there's a sailor named Morris who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator that exploded and gave him hydro powers." Flash said as he read out part of an article. Nobody really knew where this water monster came from, and who knows when they would find out.

"Yeah, because that's believable." Megan rolled her eyes. She was currently sitting on the stairs going between looking at her phone and the TV every few minutes or so, but she really wasn't that interested.

"Spider-Man could take him." He says under his breath.

"Who is that guy?"

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one."

"He's alright." Flash shrugs. "He's no Spider-Man."