twenty-six

as class ends i grab my things from my locker and heads to peter. i wait on my phone for him to come over, but i am met with a much worse surprise. "hello pest" says the girl. "hello genevieve. what do i owe the honor of this visit" i sigh. "you and peter are getting pretty cozy huh? it's only a matter of time before he leaves you for me" she states. "i think we both know that's not going to happen but if you want to believe that go right ahead" i say. moments later peter appears pressing a kiss to my lips and wrapping his arms around me. "hey peter" she purrs, batting her eyelashes. "gen" he scowls. "i think we are going to be heading out. it was a... pleasure gen" i nod.

i grab peters hand and we walk to his car. "to the tea shop we go!" i exclaim. he laughs, both of us entering the car. i turn on some classic rock causing him to nod his head. "exquisite choice olive. when did rock become your thing?" he asks. "what can i say, people change" i smirk. "i'm sorry that i left" he sighs. "it's ok. i don't blame you and you're with me now, that's all that matters."

as we arrive at the tea shop i hop out of the car ordering an iced green tea. peter orders his usual iced black tea with lemonade. "i don't get why you don't get straight tea" i say. "it's too bitter" he replies, scrunching up his face. "you're such a baby" i joke. "says the short one" he mumbles. i punch his chest causing him to laugh and wrap me in a hug. i try to wiggle out it it, unable to due to the difference in strength. moments after my name is called signaling my tea was ready, giving me a reason to get out of his arms. i open my backpack pulling out two metal straws causing peter to laugh. "what?" i ask. "you're too cute" he states. i stick my tongue out at him putting the straws in both drinks and handing him his.

"ok now to the animal shelter. do you want to volunteer with puppies or kitties?" i ask. "puppies" he says grinning. "not surprised." peter begins driving to the shelter and we sing to different songs on the way. once we arrive peter hops out of the car with a grin on his face. i take a picture of him laughing as i do so. "hurry up olive! there's puppies waiting" he groans. i run over to him and grab his hand as we walk in. "hi i was hoping we could volunteer to play with some puppies?" i ask the woman at the desk. she offers me a warm smile. "of course! here's the sign up sheet and once you get that done i'll take you back!" she states. i take the sheet and write my name as well as peters. "thanks babe" he whispers in my ear. "ok right this way!" she exclaims.

we enter a room with kennels. "so you can play with them using some toys and you can walk them but you have to run it by a worker first" she says as she exits the room. peter let's two puppies out of a kennel grabbing a squeaky toy and throwing it their way. one of the dogs quickly grabs it and scampers to peter, dropping it on his lap. he pets the dogs head and takes the toy, throwing it to the other dog as he continues to pet the one now on his lap. the smaller puppy grabs the toy and walks over to me, dropping the toy and immediately laying in my lap. "this is too cute" i giggle. peter looks at me with a smile on his face. "what?" i question. "i'm just so lucky. lucky to have someone as funny and loving and amazing as you. that's all" he smiles. "i love you" i say. "i love you too."

we play with other dogs but decide to take the original two on a walk. we stroll around the block, peter having the time of his life. "you really love dogs huh?" i laugh. "is it that obvious?" he grins. i shake my head continuing to walk. "so who's this mason character indigo mentioned?" peter asks. "well when i saw you and lara i kind of tripped and fell after running into the forest. he happened to be there and we talked a little bit. then the day you pulled the intercom scene i went back to the forest and he was there. i told him what happened and he told me that we were meant to be and i should go back to you, so i did just that" i said. "so he isn't a threat?" he asks. "definitely not. i love you and only you" i assure. he smiles as we continue the walk.

after a while we decide to head back to my house so we can study. "turn around while i change" i tell peter as i grab a big shirt and my nike shorts. as he turns around i take off the days clothes. he turns around as i am putting the shirt on. "hey!" i exclaim. "what am i not allowed to enjoy the show" he smirks. i smack him and slip the shorts on, after grabbing my backpack and hopping on the bed. "anyways, what are you struggling with most?" i ask pulling out my math notebook. we begin talking about the work and making sense of it.

we finish talking about the math and it's pretty late. "i should probably head home" peter frowns. "that's ok. i'll see you tomorrow" i say. he pulls me into a deep kiss and leaves the room. i soon after hear his car start up and leave. i can't help but go crazy for him. everything about peter is just perfect, at least in my opinion. i lay down but moments later my phone dings.

peter 💛: goodnight princess. i love you so so so much and i hope you sleep well

me: goodnight baby. i love you too

i set my phone down and drift off, a smile on my face, my mind content.

a/n: omg i updated woah. school starts so soon i want to die ;(