Chapter 3 ~ First Day

Hey guys, just another quick update. Besides a few ideas I have for Ash's photography program, I won't be focusing on the classes that much as I don't really plan on having much happen during the actual college classes. Most of this story will skip around to social interactions within the day or just plain skip until after the students are dismissed. Just keep that in mind. Cheers!

Ash's Point of View

   "And that just about does it for your introduction to college mathematics. That wasn't so bad was it?" Our teacher Mrs Juniper asks us all. We hadn't talked much the whole class so most of the room simply nodded or mumbled "Yeah."

   Everyone in the room seemed to be on the same page. Mrs Juniper looked up to the clock and saw it read 11:41. It had been about 40 minutes since we had started.

   "Typically our course runs for about 45 minutes but given today was just an introduction I'll let everyone go ahead and go on with your day." She offered,much to the joy of the students. "If you don't have any classes for a bit the cafeteria should be serving lunch already if any of you were wondering." She finished, informing most of us who weren't busy that now may be a good time.

   The school did have their own cafeteria which  apparently wasn't half bad, though they occasionally allowed students to leave campus at certain hours if they wished to go elsewhere. Having heard good things about the school's food I decided I'd go try it.

   I had almost made it to the door before I felt a hand on my shoulder stopping me to get my attention. I look over to see Gary, who I nearly forgot was in my class. Behind him I also saw May, who seemed pretty happy, and Misty, who looked awfully bored.

   "You weren't just going to leave without us were you?" Gary asks, causing me to take a moment to take it in.

   I guess they actually want to keep hanging out with me. I think to myself, happy to have found what seems to be good company.

   "My bad. I was just thinking about heading to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat. You guys can come if you want." I offer.

   "Thats actually what me and Misty were going to do. What about you May?" Gary asks, turning to the brunette. At this point we had made our way out of the classroom and we had stopped by a window to talk.

   "Sorry I can't. I actually have to go to an english course in about ten minutes." She informs, seeming unhappy she couldn't join us.

   "Aww that sucks. Anyone you know in that class?" I ask, gaging her situation.

   "Yeah. Drew said we should be together in there." She replies, taking a few steps back. "I'm going to get going. Don't have to much fun without me."

   "Will do." Misty says, finally speaking up. "Anyone know where the heck we're supposed to go?"

   "I'm pretty sure I know where it is." I say, toying with the pockets of my sweatshirt.

   "Well lead the way Ketchum." Gary says, motioning for me to take them to the cafeteria.

   We all started to walked there together and managed to not any make wrong turns along the way. We approached the large room packed with students at wooden circular tables and a lovely smell flowing through the air.

   "Wow, this place actually looks pretty cool." Misty chirps up, seeming to finally see something that interested her here. From what I've learned she is a hard one to impress.

   "Anyone know if it's just us three?" I ask, not completely knowing everyone's classes off the top of my head.

   The courses here weren't always at the same time of day as they were spread out to accommodate students with different classes and aspirations. It was a normal thing for colleges to do, though it would take me a while to get used to every aspect of it.

   "Clearly Dawn's here. I know that blue hair anywhere." Gary notes as he points to Dawn, who was at the back of the line to get food. We all walked towards her and decided to get on line too.

   "Hola." Gary greeted, catching Dawn's attention as she turned around to see us.

   "Oh hey guys. You guys free too?" She asks, surprised to see all of us here.

   "No we're skipping class." Misty responds, sarcasm very present in her tone.

   "Hehe. Should've figured." She responds as we all wait to get our food.

   Me and Gary both got a burger with fries while Dawn got a Salad and Misty got some sort of pasta dish. We all found our way to an open table and sat down.

   "So what days is everyone free at this time? Only asking because I'm free for at least an hour around now every day." Gary questions, trying to figure out how all of our schedules fitted together.

   "I'm in the same boat." I reply, not having any classes around this time as well.

  "Ditto." Misty adds before going back to eating silently, seeming to not want to talk much. Wonder what her deal is. I thought.

   "I'm normally free around this time but I have a fashion designing class once or twice a week around this time." Dawn explains. "I'm pretty sure Serena actually is taking the same class as me but she has it different days. She said she has it every Monday and Friday, so she'll actually be with us tomorrow." She adds, peaking my interest.

   I had already started to grow a liking towards Serena. At first I was nervous I'd be annoying or weird to her but she actually seemed to be really cool with me, which I liked.

   "Oh nice. And what about Barry?" I ask, wondering where the last one in our little group was.

   "He should actually be free now. He probably took ten wrong turns and got lost on the way here." Dawn joked, getting a laugh from Gary and I.

   "You know he seems like a nice guy but he rubbed me off as the klutz type." I admit honestly.

   "Omega klutz." Gary adds, causing another small wave of laughter, halted only once we actually saw him enter the room and find us.

   "Took like ten wrong turns on the way here." Barry groaned, sitting down. This made us all snicker as we exchanged knowing looks. "What's so funny?"

   "Oh it's nothing." Gary replies as we begin to finish our meals.