Chapter 6 ~ The First Photoshoot (1/2)

Ash's Point of View

After a long week of classwork and studying, it was finally Friday, the last day most of us had classes, until next Monday. It couldn't have came sooner for most of us.

Classes had already picked up a little bit, and if we lost focus on our studies we'd already be falling behind. Thankfully the only assignment we had going into the weekend was the English paper, which I was already halfway done with.

I actually did hear that most of the people in our circle were potentially getting together while we all met up at the cafeteria earlier. Serena wasn't there as it was a Friday, and we had made our plans long in advance so I decided to come up with an excuse not to go.

And with that, it is now 4:15. I had met with Serena already. We got to the door of our dorm before she insisted that I give her everything I didn't need and for me to stay out in the halls for a moment. When I asked her why she said she wanted to surprise me with something.

I was reluctant at first but I eventually took my camera and my money out of my bag. I put the camera around my neck and my money in the back of my phone case. Having everything I needed I gave her my bag and waited outside the room, wondering what the heck she was on about.

Some time later I heard giggling from the other side of the door, as well as a light being shut off. A few moments later I saw the doorknobs slowly turning, revealing that Serena had changed into a new outfit. (See the picture above)

"Ta da!" She exclaimed, striking a pose in the doorway. I wasn't quite sure what to say as I was very caught off guard by the dress. It looked beautiful on her, leaving my mouth agape.

"Uhhhh..." I mutter, quickly regaining my composure and closing my mouth. "You look great Serena." I complimented, making her flash a smile as she twirled out of the room. She closed and locked the door and began walking towards the stairs to the exit.

"Come on now Ash. We have a bit of a walk ahead of us." She said, leading the way. I followed her out, beginning what seemed to be a decent sized walk.

We walked for roughly 20 minutes before eventually making it to Evergrand Park. It was the first time I had visited the area and I was immediately astounded by the area's natural beauty. The fresh air gave a pleasant and vibrant feeling. Pine trees were in their full glory, some ferns occasionally fell through the air and into the calming waters of the massive pond in the area.

"Woah.. This place is amazing!" I exclaimed, grasping my camera from around my neck. I began to take a few different shots of the environment. "I can't believe I've been here for a week and didn't know about this place."

"How couldn't you know about this place? It's so beautiful." Serena questioned, also taking in The scenery. Serena then turned to face me, only to see I was zeroed in on my camera. She groaned, much to my surprise, moving a bit closer to me. Within a few moments she grabbed onto my arm and took away my camera. "Come on! Our photoshoot can wait. Let's walk around for a bit!"

"H-Hey, Serena!" I yelped, helplessly captive in Serena's clutches. "Do you mind if I take a couple more pictures? The lighting is really good right now!"

"Ash, for five minutes, just take a moment to see everything with your own eyes than through your camera lens, alright?" Serena pleaded, looking towards me with puppy dog eyes.

I sighed and reluctantly agreed. Serena put my camera around her own neck to prevent me from being tempted to sneak any pictures. As we walked along the pathway to the park I looked around and noted the various people walking around as they minded their own business. Some relaxed on the grass on blankets doing idle tasks such as sleeping, talking or reading a book. Over on the pond were numerous boats in the shape of swans, each containing a couple as they enjoyed their boat ride. At the end of the pond was a large fountain that spewed out from the waters with a majestic view of a shrine in the background.

Throughout our walk, my attention kept gravitating to Serena, who was still grasping my arm. I wasn't sure if she was aware, but she was holding tightly onto me with both her arms wrapped around mine, which I had no clue how to interpret. I was finally getting used to Serena's friendliness towards me but this almost felt as if it was on a whole new level.

It actually felt quite nice to be held onto by someone as pretty as her. I didn't deny that.

"You know, there's a myth that if a couple rides on one of those swan boats, they're destined to break up soon afterwards." Serena commented as she and I watched the boats pass by on the river.

"That seems ominous for something that should be romantic.." I commented, causing Serena to nod in agreement. "Uhh.. Have you ever been in one of those?"

"Yeah.." Serena replied. She began to look down with a mellow look, as if reflecting on something. I immediately noticed.

"Sorry.." I apologized, being able to put two-and-two together.

"Oh... It's fine! Really! Heheh." Serena attempted to assure me. She began to remove my camera from around her neck and placed it in my hands. "Alright, Camera Boy, I know you must be dying over there without this."

"Hehe. Yeah, you're right." I admitted, glad to have my camera back.

Serena giggled once more. She took a moment to stand in front of the pond waters as she awaited for my directions to begin our photoshoot. "So... what do you want me to do?"

"I guess.. Just pose there and look nice?" I directed with uncertainty. Being as this was the first time I'd be directing someone to model for him, I wasn't quite sure what to do. I was so used to doing things by myself and taking pictures of the environment as they happened. But to direct someone to pose accordingly? This wasn't really my field of expertise.

"Oh, okay." Serena replied, taking a moment to figure out what poses she wanted to do. "Do you want me to be casual? Or boastful? Maybe even sexy, if that's what you're feeling, hehe." She teased, causing me to chuckle nervously.

"Just... I don't know... look good?" I suggested. Serena gave me a confused look, but went along with his comment as she began to strike a couple casual poses, looking in different directions that matched the poses she quickly conjured up.

Between each shot I took, I took my time as I was trying my best to get each shot to be perfect. Although I didn't give any prompts or feedback whatsoever, which made Serena seem a bit uncertain.

"Ash.. No offence.. But this feels kinda awkward.." Serena suddenly confessed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I mean.. You're not giving me any direction! I'm not sure how you want to me look in your pictures, Camera Boy." Serena explained. She began to walk over to me, eyes focused on my camera. "Here! Gimme your camera. I'll show you how the other photographers I've worked with do it."