Chapter 8 ~ Photography Program

Hey guys, we're finally all caught up! I've been really busy lately so I don't know when my next chapter will be but I'll definitely start to work on it. Enjoy!

Ash's Point of View

About a month had passed since Serena and I went to the park to take that little photoshoot. It was now the middle of October. I currently sat in my photography program that I had twice a week.

   I actually really enjoyed it. I loved the instructor, Mrs Bailly, though most of us referred to her by her first name, which was Grace. I had met some awesome people in the class too, a lot of them sharing a ton in common with me.

   There was Clemont, a total tech geek who knew how to do things with a camera I couldn't even comprehend. He was a little awkward at times but he was a very genuine person and a great friend.

   There was Lillie, who was a shy girl who usually kept to herself. She was a brilliant artist though. I knew because as we became a bit closer we began sharing our work with each other.

   You had Calem, who actually came here all the way from France. He had a very docile nature though he was very outgoing, never ceasing to start a friendly conversation.

   The last person really noteworthy in that class to me was my friend Hau. He still had a little bit of learning to do, but showed a lot of potential. He had a very bright personality. He also had a tendency to go on and on rambling about the most random things. It was funny sometimes and annoying other times.

   And then there was me of course. Since enrolling my instagram page actually had began gaining some traction, growing to a decent 30,000 followers. I always tried to play it off as if it wasn't a big deal but it never really worked, as I was met with constant praise here.

   As much as having millions of followers and fans all over the world sounds amazing, I never really idolized the idea. I wasn't keen on prioritizing monetary gain in my work. I simply used Instagram as a public portfolio, rather than using it as a way to gain notoriety. I felt that this line of thinking was necessary to maintain to keep my passion for photography as keen as it is always.

   I currently sat looking through my page on my phone replying to a few comments, as it was the last five minutes of class and we had finished the lesson early. Clemont sat beside me, looking over occasionally.

   "Hey Ash. I've been meaning to ask you." Clemont started, pulling up Instagram himself and pulling up a recent picture I had posted. "Who's the girl that keeps popping up from time to time?"

   The picture he was referring to was a picture of Serena that we took a week earlier. After our first little outing at the park we decided to do it more often. We've done it three times since that first time at the park, each one seeming even better than the last.

  We had kept the our little get togethers a secret as neither of us really wanted too much attention on either of our pages from people on campus. The one exception to that was that I told people in here about my page under the agreement it would be discussed only in the classroom.

Though Serena and I didn't tell the people we knew in real life about our little secret, we both shared the pictures to use among our social medias. She typically asked to use the ones that she looked good in, which was honestly all of them, while I opted to use the ones that not only captured her but also had an interesting background or scenery.

   I sighed, sitting back in my chair, pondering if I should tell Clemont or not. On one hand I really shouldn't tell anyone but on another hand he had become one of my closest friends at this point. "It's kinda supposed to be a secret. I don't know if I can tell you Clemont."