Chapter 5 ~ A Proposal

Ash's Point of View

   "Have you ever photographed a model before?" She asked, to which I took a minute and paused, thinking of an answer. "Or like, of just a person." She adds, making me think more.

   I don't really think I have. I thought to myself, coming to the realization that I had never had a human be the main focus of a photograph.

   "I mean I've taken photos with people in the background but I've never really taken photos with a person as the focus." I answer her, causing her to sit up a bit more as she looked to me.

"Well, I was wondering if you could maybe take a couple of pictures of me some time. I've kind of been wanting to practice modeling and it would probably be less weird doing it with a friend." She explained the idea she had been pondering for some time.

It wasn't a half bad idea, I knew this. I was just surprised to hear that she wanted me to take her pictures sometime. I liked the idea though, as it would help me get used to taking pictures of actual people in the future, which could really help.

"Yeah, I don't see why not." I reply, causing her to clasp her hands in front of her chest and flash a big smile.

"Thanks Ash, I look forward to it!" She thanks me, definitely very happy to have received a yes from me.

"Any idea when or where you would want to do it?" I asked Serena, completely I invested in the idea. I wasn't quite sure why I was so eager to do this with Serena, maybe I was just looking forward to some company.

"Hmm. Well since you're not from around here maybe I could show you around town. I think I know a great place to do it, plus I may even treat you to my favorite sushi place if you're interested." She explained excitedly, definitely having a clear idea of how she wanted the day to go. "How does Friday sound?"

"That should work. I'll definitely be looking forward to it!" I say before taking one look back at my laptop and powering it off. I did a few more things I had to do before eventually getting back into my bed and laying down.

"I think it's about time I get some sleep." I say to Serena as she nods in agreement.

"I'm probably going to do the same, good night Ash." She responds, putting her book on the nightstand rolling over in her bed getting comfortable. I shut off the lamp and do the same.

~~ Time Skip to the next day, 11:55 PM ~~

Gary, Misty and I had made our way to the lunch room and we saw that Serena, Dawn and Barry were already there at the same table we sat at the day before. We all got our food and sat down with them, joining in on their conversation.

"I really miss my pets back at home." I heard Dawn say.

   "Same! I had three adorable guinea pigs back at my house. They were the coolest." Serena adds, also sharing the same feeling.

   "Awww you're lucky. I've always wanted a guinea pig." Barry said, seeming somewhat jealous.

   "And why's that?" Serena asked curiously, wondering what Barry's reason was.

   "Because they're literally just frickin' fat hamsters. They're dope." Barry explains, gaining a quick laugh from most of us. He wasn't wrong to be fair.

   "My grandparents had two Huskies that are almost the size of me. They were the biggest mushes though, they just loved attention." I say, recalling many fond memories I've had with the dogs. Sammy, who was actually my favorite had passed away when I was 15 but Roxxy was still doing just fine for a dog that was 13 years old.

   "Oh my goodness Huskies are my favorite. My aunt had one but I almost never got to see him." Serena said, sharing a mutual love for the fluffy wolf lookalikes.

   "Enough about pets for a minute. Did you guys hear Mr Rowan is already giving us a project?" Gary spoke up, visibly annoyed. He had the same English teacher as us but at a different time.

   "You cant be serious." Dawn pouted.

   "He's telling the truth unfortunately." Misty groaned, rolling her eyes at the thought of the early assignment.

   "That's so unfair." Barry complained, equally annoyed as us all.

   "Welcome to college I guess." I deadpanned. I wasn't entirely surprised but I still wasn't happy about it.

   "Yeah. He said we had to research a famous author from the 20th century and type a 3 page biography about them. And he said if anyone plagiarizes as much as a sentence without properly citing it he'll fail the paper." He explained, receiving a collective groan from everyone at the table.

   "On the bright side, we have 2 weeks to do it. Can't be that bad." Misty mumbled, showing a rare moment of optimism from her.

   "You think I can do JK Rowling?" Barry asked. Dawn facepalmed as me Serena and Gary chuckled at the question.

   "She's from the 21st century dummy. Besides, he's probably looking for a more serious author, not someone who writes children's books." I explain to Barry.

"Ohhhhhh. Hmmm. You guys think Dr Seuss is sophisticated enough?" He questioned once more, causing everyone at the table to face palm or laugh.

   After about a half hour had passed we all began to disperse to our next classes. Me and Dawn had a class in the same hallway so we began walking together, making a little bit of small talk. A few minutes into the walk we both felt our phones vibrate, dawns making a little wind chime noise.

   (288) 486-3389: Hey guys it's May. I made us a little group chat so we can stay in touch 😉😁

   I looked in the chat and saw that I didn't have a single contact saved in my phone.

   "Hey Dawn, you think you could help me with these contacts real quick?" I asked.

   "Of course, here let me see your phone." She says kindly, extending her palm for me to give her my phone. I gave my phone to her and she swiftly put in all the contacts with the right names.

   She handed it back to me and smiled, turning on her phone and typing in the group chat.

   Dawn: Good?
   Ash: Yup 🙂

We continued to walk to our classes after that. The rest of the day actually went really smoothly.