Chapter 7 ~ The First Photoshoot (2/2)

Ash's Point of View

   "I mean.. You're not giving me any direction! I'm not sure how you want to me look in your pictures, Camera Boy." Serena explained. She began to walk over to me, eyes focused on my camera. "Here! Gimme your camera. I'll show you how the other photographers I've worked with do it."

   "Serena, trust me, it's fine. I absolutely know what I'm doing to get these pictures." I attempted to assure her.

   "But it's more than just taking a picture! It's about the connection between the photographer and model. If the photographs are to look exquisite, we need to work together and communicate to get the job done." Serena further explained. She demanded for my camera once more.

   I sighed and complied, handing her my camera as she directed me over to her spot. "Alright, I'll bite. What do you want me to do?"

   "Heheh... I want you to give me a kissy face with your hands on your hips in a sassy manner!" Serena mischievously directed.

   "Huh? I'm not doing that!" I suddenly yelled, not consenting to such a thing.

   "Ooooh! You wanna be mad instead? Give me some of that fury!" Serena exclaimed, kneeling down on one knee as she got a hilarious shot of me shouting at her. "Ohhh yeah, baby! That's what I'm talking about! Gimme some more of that raw emotion! You're lookin' hot!"

   "Damn it. Serena." I sighed, slugging my shoulders down in defeat.

   "Yesss! That's it! Provide contrast between the beautiful environment and your weepy emotions! Show 'em your soft side!" Serena excitedly took a couple more pictures of me appearing to be sulky as I pouted. She hopped over to me and began to show the pictures she took. "See? That's how you do it!"

   "Here.. lemme see." I groaned, swiping the camera from Serena as I looked through the shots she took. Surprisingly, she managed to grab a couple nice pictures that presented his emotions of anger and sorrow amongst the lively natural background. "Huh.. These aren't so bad after all." I mutter.

   "Right!? It's all about working together to capture the best moments!" Serena assured once more. She nudged my elbow once more, before grabbing my arm again and dragging me to another part of the park. "Alright! Now it's your turn to do the same thing for me!"

   "Ugh Serena! You gotta warn me next time before you start dragging me again!" I complained, helpless once more in Serena's tight grip.

   Throughout the day, Serena and I went around the park and took pictures together. Applying what Serena had taught me, I became more bold in my directions and communicated to her on what type of poses to do against the variety of backdrops.

    I immediately saw the difference in both the quality of the photos I took of Serena and our own bond together. The better the bond we had, the better the outcome. I thought.

   "I gotta say. We got some really good pictures today." I admitted as we skimmed through the photos we had taken. At the moment, sunset began to cast over the area as Serena and I stood at the centre of the bridge going over the park's pond.

   "We make a great team, don't we?" Serena proposed, winking as she nudged my elbow again. She suddenly perked up, seemingly having an idea. Serena began to lean over the railing of the bridge, checking to see how sturdy it was. She began to climb up on top of the railing, much to my shock.

   "Huh? Serena, what are you doing?!" I hollered at her, not liking whatever she was up to.

   "I want to have an cool shot of me overlooking the park!" Serena explained. She began to do heroic poses on the railing, holding out her arms with her fists clenched. "Make me look like those superheroes, ok?"

   "Fine. But be careful." I replied as I began taking photos of Serena posing triumphantly on the bridge's railings with the backdrop of the fountain and shrine behind her. "Hey, these shots are lookin' pretty good! How about posing in a crane kick?"

   "Ooooh! Nice! Like from the Karate Kid!" Serena excitedly posed into the iconic crane stance that Mr. Miyagi did from the beach scene. Unexpectedly to me, Serena decided to take it a step further and did the actual kick in the air.

   "Hiyahh- Woah!" She exclaimed, beginning to lose her balance. I noticed she was about to fall down onto the Stone bridge so I sprung into action.

   I took off my camera and dropped it by my side, quickly running towards her to catch her from her fall. I made it just in time as her slim body fell straight into my arms. We both froze for a moment, Hearts both racing at the thought of what could've just happened.

   "I think that may be enough photos for today." She said, breaking the silence. I nodded, putting her down and turning to check my camera.

   There was now a decent sized scratch on the ride side of the body, but the lens seemed untouched. I guess the lens is the only thing that matters anyway. Rationalizing the damages.

   I turned to Serena crouched down, holding her left ankle. Uh oh.

   "Oww. I think I twisted it when I lost my balance." Serena said quietly. She used the railing to pull herself up, wincing as she put weight on the ankle.

   "We should probably call off the plan. You don't look so good Serena." I say, reaching out to her to try and help. She grabs onto my arm again, yet instead of dragging me she was using me as a way to keep her balance while not applying too much pressure on the hurt ankle.

   "Thanks." She mumbled, seeming a little bit embarrassed.

   I walked slowly, making sure I was going at a pace she could mirror comfortably. I eventually ended up calling us an Uber to drive us back to the academy, not wanting Serena to have to walk all the way back.

   Although the mood was killed for a few minutes at the end, we both smiled wide on the car ride back as we looked through all the photos we took. I was thoroughly impressed with just how good they came out, as was Serena.

   By the time we arrived back Serena was able to walk much easier, not needing my help. We went back to our dorm and spent the rest of the night reconciling all the great moments we shared today.

   "I know I've probably said it a million times but I really enjoyed that Ash. Maybe we could do it again sometime?" She asked, causing me to grin.

   "Only if you promise to be more careful." I said back, very pleased the feeling was mutual.

   "Will do Camera Boy." She teased, poking her tongue out. I laughed at the silly display and sat back

"Then it's a deal."