Chapter 1: The Storm Dragon, Veldora

The storm dragon Veldora sat behind his barrier named [Unlimited Imprisonment] set upon him by the female hero centuries ago. Outside of the barrier sat a female monster, an unnamed Ogre, who appeared to be resting. However, when the dragon spoke, she would open one eye to glance at him before closing it and responding in a monotone way.

"Why do you stay here? There is nothing for you to gain. You are an ogre, yet you are willing to be imprisoned with me in this cave?" The dragon stared down at the girl. She certainly was an odd looking Ogre, but she definitely was one. Ogres traditionally had one or two white horns that protruded from the upper part of their forehead, but instead she had horns that protruded from the side of her heads and curved to the front. Her black hair was spread elegantly around her as she sat with her legs tucked to the side of her. However, not only did the horns confirm her existence as an ogre, but also the traditional streak of color, black in her case, going down from the bottom of her eye to her cheek, her height that was past 2 meters and the off-colored skin that appeared to be an ashy grey. It was clear that she definitely wasn't human. Beside her sat her weapon, a double bladed scythe.

She opened one of her eyes slightly, showing off a bright golden iris and a piercing gaze.

"There is no gain for me to return to a village that has mistreated me because of my horns." Her voice was light and airy, but held a tone of monotone boredom towards the conversation topic. "I stay here because you found me a decade ago, and you said you wished that I was your friend. I figured friends stayed together, so why should I leave?" She tilted her head slightly at the dragon, keeping a straight face before closing her eye again and leaning against the wall.

"I suppose you make a good point." The female shrugged before continuing her statement.

"Plus what good does it do for me to return to a nonexistent village?" Veldora glanced over in surprise at the new revelation. "In case you were wondering, Veldora, I only killed the leaders of the ogre village. I led the villagers to the neighboring ogre village because while they weren't the nicest to me, I wasn't going to go slaughter 150 ogres out of rage." Veldora had no doubts that she would be able to slaughter all the ogres in that village with no trouble. However, he cleared his throat and instead asked another question he was curious about.

"When you stumbled across me, you clearly were mistreated by your village. Pray, do tell me what happened that day that made you run to this cave knowing the dangers." Veldora looked down curiously at this girl. 10 years ago, she had shown up in his cave, tired and expressionless. Her eyes were lifeless and she simply stumbled over toward the dragon before sitting down at a nearby rock.

"Who are you? Why're you here?" His voice boomed. The girl looked up, her eyes seemingly dull and clouded. Veldora stared for a bit, unsure of what to make of the girl. She appeared to be a fairly young ogre, between 10 to 15 years of age.

"I'm an ogre who ran away from my village. Please let me stay here and rest. I promise I won't bother you." Her words held a pleading tone, but her expression didn't change.

"I suppose I could let you stay... that is if you'll be my friend in this lonely place..." Veldora turned away slightly, blushing heavily. A dragon like him asking for a friend? Unheard of.

The young girl looked up, her eyes clearly still clouded, yet it was beginning to clear up and her golden eyes started to shine slowly.

"Friends? We'll be friends?" She tilted her head to the side.

"If you don't want to then I don't want to be friends either," Veldora pouted. For such a large dragon he sure was childish. The hint of a smile appeared on the girl's face. Nodding towards him, she put her hand slightly on the [Unlimited Imprisonment].