Chapter 3: Battle at the Goblin Village

Rimuru scanned the goblins that stood around himself and the female ogre (who had yet to be named). Scanning them, he projected his thoughts toward the female ogre, allowing her to have an idea of how he was planning. After all, she did have her [Unrivaled Strategy] that could help tremendously.

Looks like I shouldn't expect to find many who can fight Direwolves. Rimuru thought. They all look too scrawny and beat-up. Talk about pressure... Please continue to think of something to help out this group. The female ogre nodded at his request, making sure that he knew she received his message.

"Everyone," Rimuru addressed all the goblins, "do you understand our situation?"

"Yes!" replied the son of the elder. "We are prepared for a life-or-death battle!"

"No need to get all worked up. Just relax," Rimuru replied. "Think only about doing the best you can." The goblins all stared at Rimuru in amazement and in awe. Meanwhile, the ogre still stood behind Rimuru, coming up with ideas on battling the Direwolves, including ideas from total annihilation of the goblins all the way to annihilation of the Direwolves and everything in between.

"But first, take us to where the wounded are," Rimuru requested. Shortly after, they were brought to one of the larger tents, all filled with goblins who were wrapped in bandages. Some had worse injuries than others.

"We did all we could for them, but..." the elder started. He was stopped as Rimuru scooted over the the closest injured goblin.

That's deeper than I'd imagined. Did their claws and fangs do that much damage?

"Rimuru-sama," the female ogre brought attention to herself, making the elder jump a bit. Her presence was so minute that he had forgotten that she followed them to the tent. "You must remember these goblins do not have sufficient armor to protect against slashing injuries such as these." Rimuru nodded in understanding, still observing the injured goblin in thought. Suddenly, surprising the elder, he consumed the goblin whole.

"W-What are you doing?!" the elder called out in surprise.

"Relax, village elder," the ogre's calming voice rang out in the tent. "Rimuru will not harm those he was promised to protect, including those here."

Suddenly, Rimuru spit out the goblin that he had swallowed, but this time, without injuries. He woke up from the force of hitting the ground, surprised.

"Huh? I'm..." he trailed off as the elder stared on in shock. The goblin had been completely healed of all injuries and no scars remained. Some of the goblins outside poked their heads in as the previously injured goblin stood up, feeling his torso for the past injuries.

"Y-Your wounds..." the elder trailed out.

"They're healed!" the goblin cried in shock after he finished observing himself. Rimuru nodded at the female ogre who bowed her head slightly as an approval for his quick thinking. Immediately afterwards, he got back to work, consuming the goblins whole, throwing the potions he stored up inside him at them, and then spitting them back out. Soon, all of them were healed and lay in front of the elder and a few goblins that had ventured into the tent.

"Y-You are magnificent, Great Rimuru!" The elder exclaimed as he continued to stare in shock. Then, all of the goblins that hadn't been in the tent for injuries bowed down on their hands and knees facing Rimuru. The female ogre smiled slightly and also did a half bow, only lowering her torso towards Rimuru.

"Now..." Rimuru trailed off and looked at the female ogre to confirm if she had come up with any plans. She nodded, catching his thoughts and walked up to Rimuru. Crouching next to him, she whispered the best plan she had thought of to Rimuru. Of course, she could've gone and wiped out all the Direwolves by herself, but to be beneficial for the village, they needed some type of defense anyways. Rimuru nodded at her plan and faced the goblins while she stood up and placed herself once again behind Rimuru while also facing the goblins.