Chapter 2

Slender Man P.O.V.

Yes. This boy, I've seen him before in the small town. Thaddeus I believe was his given name. I haven't seen him in the longest time. That's probably because I've been to busy watching over the children in town. What a charming young man he's grown to be, but... why does he grieve? The aura around his frail body gives out negative energy, which gives me the impression that he's in a foul mood. I hid behind the shadow of a tall tree and watched as the teen grew closer. His face was drenched in what I believe are tears, he had a faint crimson color over his cheeks, and his left eye was swollen and purple. What has happened to this poor child?

"Why am I the reject of the school..." he said to himself, nearly falling over a twig and saying other things about being a pest and a mistake. I tilted my head to the side as he passed by the tree i was hidden. Thaddeus? Is this really the cheery little boy I use to play with? Who has caused this poor thing to be so depressed after I worked so hard to make him smile? A low grow erupted from my throat, not loud enough for him to hear though. No one is to cause harm to my children, no one.

"It's not like I did it on purpose!" he suddenly yelled, startling me. He smashed his fists against the tree and fell to his knees. If I had eyes they would have widened at the fact that my child is dripping blood from his knuckles. I silently teleported behind the tree he leaned against and let one of my appendages sprang from my back. It slowly made it's way down towards Thaddeus' ankles and consciously brush my apandage against it. Luckily Thaddeus didn't seem to notice as he continued to mumble to himself.

I searched his thoughts as he groaned in pain. I saw a tall, broad, young man roaming over Thaddeus' body with three others beside him. My chest tightened as they punched, kicked, and insulted the boy. Despite him pleading for them to stop the boys continued their assault on him. "How about you do us all a favor and kill yourself? the boy laughed as Thaddeus remained curled up like a ball on the ground, sobbing. A growl threatened to escape my throat as my claws extracted and the appendages in my back were itching to come out and hurt Thaddeus' attackers. How dare they lay a finger on my child? When I find them I'll make them experience so many different kinds of pain!

"I would but I don't think God or the Devil want me around them," Thaddeus said, laughing sadly. Who was he talking to just now? Was he answering his attacker's question? He stood up from his spot slowly and gazed off toward the horizon. "Should I go home?... Hmph, No one wants me around... I should just keep moving forward until I'm nothing but a memory," he said before pushing himself off of the tree and walking off. I detached part of my appendage from my body and let it stay attached to Thaddeus' ankle. I walked out of the tree's shadow and watched Thaddeus walk away. I continued to search through his thoughts, listening to all the cruel things that have been said to him throughout the years. He covers his ears as he begged for the torments to stop.

My chest tightened painfully. All I ever wanted for my children is for them to grow up happy. Now that I look at Thaddeus, down on his knees and weeping continuously, I know now that I wasn't enough help to keep that smile on his face. He looks like a lost puppy, a kitten even. I'm not going to let things continue like this. Thaddeus, I will return that smile you had so many years ago to your face. So please... Do not weep my little kitten... I whispered in his head as I hid behind the shadows and neared myself closer to him.

"Who's there?" he gasped as he got to his feat. I can feel his heart beat quicken and the aura around him began to shift.

Do not be afraid... I assured him as the voices in his head disappeared. At least I managed to make him forget about the torments. He questioned my person as he walked around the forest, looking for me. I continued to roam the shadows and came across a large tree. I attached a piece of paper, that said "I will protect you," to the rough wood and quickly hid myself.