Chapter 6

Slender Man P.O.V.

The Wendigo could have killed you! I growled, staring into Thaddeus wide eyes. What was he thinking standing there? The Wendigo was about ready to feast on him. If I hadn't arrived on time, my child would have been destroyed by now.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't k-know… I just wanted to see you" he stuttered as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. The aura around him shifted and soon enough, negative energy was surrounding his small frame. He's hurt from my outburst. My temper softened when his eyes left my face to look at the ground.

Thaddeus-

"-I'll leave then, I don't want to bother you anymore!" he interrupted me before dashing away from me.

Thaddeus, my kitten… I called, about ready to chase after my poor child but instead remained still. I should let him be by himself for now; at least until I am sure the Wendigoes are meters away from the town. Still, I shouldn't let Thaddeus run off without protection.

One of my appendages sprang from my back and takes off, following after Thaddeus. It won't exactly protect him, but it will notify me when Thaddeus life is at stake.

A flock of crows fly above me, cawing in an attempt to warn other animals that there's danger nearby. I faced the direction the crows were flying away from. I don't know where these deadly creatures came from, but I will put an end to them. I hid behind a fairly large tree and made my way through the shadows.

~~~

Thaddeus P.O.V.

My eyes flutter open and a groan escapes my lips. I pushed myself up on my elbows and rubbed my tired eyes. "Note to self, don't sleep on the floor," I told myself as I stood up from the ground and leaned against the door frame for support. "What happened?" I groaned, running my hand through my hair.

Images of what happened earlier today replayed in my head like a video. I remembered Gerald's threat, I remembered the encounter with that monster, and I remembered seeing… Slender Man. My eyebrows furrowed in worry. "He sounded really mad," I thought before walking over to my bed and flopping myself on it. My mind went back to that monstrous creature I saw. "What was it?" I questioned, shuddering from the memory of the creatures monstrous appearance. Was it an animal or human? I've never seen it in town before… Though, its appearance did seem familiar. What did Slender man call it?

"Wendigo?.. Wendigo… A WENDIGO?!" I nearly yelled before covering my mouth with my hands to keep silent. OH MY GOD! I quickly sat up from my bed and walked over to my desk computer. I search up the name Wendigo and sure enough I saw images of creatures looking almost identical to what I saw. I knew it! No wonder that creature looked familiar. The wendigo, that is if I remember correctly, is from a Native American legend. If I recall, wendigo is some sort of curse that is given to a human who has eaten another human. The victim's appearance then changes and its only desire is to satisfy it's never ending hunger with human flesh.

"This isn't happening, the legend can't be true, It's only a myth!" I told myself. My heart rate quickened from fear of the Wendigo actually finding me and killing me. I rubbed my hands over my arms for comfort and leaned back against my desk's chair. Has it eaten anybody? To my knowledge, no one has been reported dead or missing. It's a pretty small town so word goes around quick. Maybe Slender man is protecting the town from it?

"...You shouldn't be here..." the tall man's voice echoed angrily in the back of my head. My chest tightened painfully from the memory. He was so angry with me. Why? Did I do something wrong? I sighed in disappointment. Well I should have expected this. Everyone eventually gets sick and tired of me. It's no surprise that Slender man would be disgusted by me too. Maybe he realized that I'm a waste of his time. That probably explains why I didn't see him for a while. "Maybe he does hate me," I chuckled as a sad smile formed on my lips. Well at least it was nice having somebody care about me for a moment.