Chapter 3

Thaddeus P.O.V.

"Watch where you're going geek!"

"Sorry," I mumble after bumping into a third person today. I walked passed him and quickly made my way to my 8th period class. I sat at my desk, in the back of the room, and kept my gaze away from the window. Why you ask? Just in case I see that thing looking straight at me from the outside! After I found that note in my pocket I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. Thanks to that, now I have dark circles under my eyes.

"Hey, are you okay dude?"

I looked towards the person who asked, he was sitting next to the window. "Y-yeah I'm fine," I smiled awkwardly towards Carlos.

"Are ya sure?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, "cause ya look pale-ish."

"It's nothing, really," I smiled at him reassuringly. Carlos is literally one of the only people in the entire school, well unless you consider teachers people, who actually tries to talk to me and occasionally tries to get me to open up. Don't get me wrong, I want friends more then anything but you know how the saying goes, the trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. You never know. Carlos could just be another person trying to be my 'friend' just to learn my secrets and humiliate me... yeah I have major trust issues.

Carlos smiled back at me, believing my lie, before facing the front of the class. I was about to do the same before I saw a figure outside the window. My heart stopped at the sight of what seems to be a tall man with a suit on. My hands began to tremble as I took slow, long, breaths. Oh my god, he is real! Why is he here? Is he stalking me or-

"-Thaddeus?"

"Huh? What?" I asked, meeting Carlos gaze.

He gave me a worried and concerned look. "What's wrong?" he asked, looking out the window, as well. I looked out the window again, he's gone.

"Uh... nothing, I'm just tired is all," I lied, running my hands through my face and sighing in relief. Okay Thaddeus relax, you're letting this get way over your head.

"Okay class, today we are going to talk about..." I zoned out as soon as the teacher began talking. I swear, having a language class is so unnecessary! I looked up toward the clock on the wall. GAH! Only 40 minutes left. Looking down at my notebook I began to doodle. My mind went elsewhere as I began to think about... that tall man. What did he mean by being my "friend" and wanting to "protect" me? What does he want? Is it going to try and kill me or try to make me go insane? Oh god, I swear this thing is going to be the death of me. Should I tell someone? Ha, who's going to believe me? No one ever believes me, not even my own family. Bet if I utter a word to anyone I'll end up going to mental hospital or something.

...Thaddeus...

"Huh?" I jumped looking around the classroom. Oh no, is he here to kill me now? I jumped again at the sound of the school bell ringing. "It's time to go already?" I mumbled to myself, looking at the clock. It's already 3 o'clock. How long have I zoned out?

"Say," Carlos suddenly said, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him, he was standing in front of my desk. "That's a pretty neat drawing ya have there."

"It is?" I asked looking down at my drawing. I gasped. I didn't even notice what the hell I was drawing! I ended up drawing-

"-it looks like Slender man," Carlos smiled as I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Slender man?" I asked.

"You never heard of Slender man?" He chuckled, making me blush, "Slender man is this tall creature in a suit with no face. He likes to stalk after little kids and takes them away forever! But watch out, if you take one of his treasured pieces of paper he'll come get ya!"