Chapter 4

Thaddeus P.O.V.

It was my pleasure... the creature said, nodding his head.

"...H-hey n-now that I look at you," I started, thinking aloud again like an idiot, "you don't look that s-scary."

You think so? he asked, tilting his head to the side. His voice was low and had a light rumble to it when he spoke, almost like a purr. It wasn't scary and raspy like the first time we met, which was yesterday.

"Y-yeah," I nodded, scratching the back of my head. There was an awkward tension in the air, which made me fidget a little. This is so weird, what am I suppose to do exactly? What do I say? A groan was suddenly heard and we looked back towards Gerald, he began to stir in his sleep. "Oh-oh," I gulped, backing away from my attacker.

Don't worry about him, the creature suddenly said as he stalked over to Gerald. He hunched over, touched Gerald's shoulder, and just in the blink of an eye they both disappeared in thin air.

"W-What just happened?" I asked myself, rubbing at my eyelids with my hands. Did they really disappear? I walked over to the tree and looked around it. "How did he do that?" I asked before the tall man appeared in front of me. "Whoa!" I gasped, jumping back. "W-Where's Gerald?"

He is at his home, he answered.

"What about his friends?" I asked.

I sent them home as well, when they wake they'll believe it was all a nightmare, he said as he began walking down the forest. ...I'll walk you home..

"O-okay," I nodded, quickly catching up to him and walking by his side. The walk was silent and almost peaceful. I put my guard down and let myself relax. Okay, this guy just saved me from being beat up and nearly getting raped, that's got to mean he's a good guy, right? I glanced up at his "face." His whole head was pale white, his cheekbones and the bridge of where his nose should be were slightly defined. He looked to be about 6.7 feet tall and had a broad chest and shoulders.

His head turns towards me, causing me to blush and look away quickly. Why do you hide your head? he asked.

"What?" I asked, looking back at him confused. He reaches a hand out towards me and touches the hood of my sweater. "Oh, when did I put this on?" I questioned myself. "Did I have my hood on the whole time?... I hate my hair to be honest," I admitted, looking at the path ahead.

Why is that? he tilted his head to the side, awaiting an answer.

"Well... I was told that it was ugly and that blonde is a stupid color," I said, remembering all the times i was teased for having blond hair. My town is so small that me and my family were literally the only blonds in the whole neighborhood. I furrowed my brows and felt my chest tighten. My hair was such a big problem that in sixth grade Gerald decided to give me a hair cut.

...I like your hair, the tall man suddenly said, breaking me out of my thoughts. My heart skipped a beat as I looked back at him with wide eyes. He grabbed a yellow leaf from a tree branch. It's as lovely as a yellow ginkgo leaf, he said, handing the leaf over to me.

"Y-you really like it?" I asked again with a faint blush on my cheeks. He nodded his head as I held the leaf in my hand. A small smile formed on my lips as I twisted the leaf's stem around in my fingers. "...Thank you," I said almost in a whisper, letting my hood fall off my head and to my shoulders.

The walk home was long and silent, but it was nice either way. I haven't felt this much peace in a while. My house was not too far away from where we are and to be honest I didn't want this peace to leave. "...Can I ask you something?" I then asked, breaking the comfortable silence we had. He turns his head towards me. "Um h-how do you know my name and where I live?" I asked, hoping he isn't a stalker or something.