Chapter 12

After a busy weekend filled with quidditch it is now Monday and time for classes to start again. I just woke up and I quickly showered and changed so that I could head down to breakdfast.

Breakfast was the usual. Nothing interesting happened. It is now transfiguration. Great. Perfect way to start off the day. Narcissa and I walked to transfiguration, well she had to drag me there because I didn't really want to go.

We got in and sat at a table in the back. At least now she might not see me so she can't criticize my every move.

Just my luck Potter and Black sat right in front of us. She's definitely going to notice me now, I thought with a groan.

Potter and Black won't shut up. I swear if they keep it up she's going to complain about them and find a way to bring me into it. I need to do something about it.

"Oi. Potter, Black, shut up will. Some of us are trying to concentrate." I furiously whispered, making sure that McGonagall wasn't looking.

Thy both turned around and Black faked offence. "Us? Shut up? Who are you to tell us that?" He scoffed and then laughed.

"I'm Head Girl you dimwit. Also Potter's Head Boy. He shouldn't be making such a noise." I shot back with an eye roll. Now I was really annoyed.

"Miss Malfoy, Mr Black, and Mr Potter!" A voice shouted. It sounded an awfully a lot like McGonagall's. Great.

We all turned to face her and can I just say she looked absolutely livid. Again, great.

"Head Boy and Head Girl disrupting my class? If I catch any of you talking again I will not hesitate to give you detention. Maybe an extra 3 inches on today's essay will be enough for now." We all groaned at that. Why couldn't they just be quiet when I asked them.

They turned to glare at me. Wonderful. Now they're mad at me. I rolled my eyes at them and continued working.

Later that day Narcissa and I were sitting in the Library so that we could complete all the homework we had been given, just today. The teachers really loved to pile on the work. The N.E.W.Ts were still months away yet they felt the need to prepare us so soon.

I don't know how giving us so much homework is supposed to help us. We won't even have time to study.

The library is always a wonderful place to be. It's quiet. Peaceful. The perfect place to study or complete homework.

Narcissa and I found an empty desk near the back of the library. We decided to start on the Transfiguration essay seeing as I had an extra 3 inches added to mine. I seriously hate Potter and Black right now. I have better things to do than waste my time doing unnecessary work.

Everything was going well and we had no troubles. We occasionally got up to go find a book we needed but other than that there were no distractions.

Until now.

I happened to be looking for a book on herbs and potions. The Potions section is near the front of the Library and from where I was I could see anyone who entered the library. I saw Potter and Black enter and they seemed to be looking for someone.

Before I could find out who though I ran back to mine and Narcissa's table. Now I wouldn't be worried because they wouldn't be looking for me right? Wrong. They appeared at our table in under 5 minutes.  They probably used that damn map they made.

"Ah Malfoy. Just who we were looking for." Black gave a fake smile. Narcissa looked up and then looked at me and then back to them.

"And why would you be looking for me?" I asked with a raised brow.

Black rolled his eyes and Potter scoffed.

"Well you're the reason we have to write 3 more inches for our Transfiguration essay." Potter said as if it were obvious.

I raised my eyebrows in shock. "My fault?" I asked. "It was most definitely not my fault. If you two had kept quiet after I asked McGonagall wouldn't have noticed us." I sneered.

"Well Malfoy you're not so special as to tell us what to do." Black said with his jaw clenched in anger.

"I happen to be Head Girl. I am in a position of authority. I have every right to tell you what to do." I said now standing up. Narcissa looked worried and Potter was starting to worry but he tried not to show it.

"You don't have to bring it up every time we talk." Black rolled his eyes.

"Stop questioning my authority and I'll stop having to remind you." I narrowed my eyes at him. He was really getting on my nerves.

Just before he could start speaking someone interrupted him. I thought it would've been Narcissa to make the move to stop the argument but no it was Potter.

"Alright Sirius, Malfoy. Let's just stop arguing. We're going to get kicked out of the Library." Potter said.

I stayed quiet but it seemed Black wouldn't not give up so easily.

"What and just let her get away with it?" He asked. He seemed shocked that Potter would give up so easily.

"Well it's pointless arguing. You're both too stubborn to give up." Potter said.

"Whatever," Black mumbled, "let's just go." He turned and walked away with Potter following after him.

I turned to look at Narcissa and just laughed. She looked at me incredulously.

"I really need sleep." I said as I sat down and rested my head on the table, still laughing softly. Narcissa giggles at my tired state.

Boys are so dramatic.