Chapter 14

Halloween has always been a huge thing at Hogwarts. Especially when I became a fifth year and I was introduced to all the parties I'd only heard rumours of. Everyone was talking about the Halloween party. Even the ones who weren't going.

Many of the higher years were at Hogsmeade today searching for the perfect costume, whether it was to impress someone or to match there partner. That's exactly what Narcissa and I were doing. Well she dragged me here against my will. Although I was pretty excited to get a costume.

Narcissa had told me all about her ideas for our costumes and how they represent us. I'm usually seen as the evil one between us hence why I'm going as a devil. Narcissa is seen as the innocent one, she's the angel. In actuality I'm more innocent on the inside, yet I'm just sinned. She's more evil, or you could say mischievous, on the inside and has not committed many sins. Other than pranking of course but nothing has as harsh as I have.

Anyway. We walked into the first and hopefully only shop. Narcissa dragged me over to the cashier and spoke a few words to her before turning to me.

"So seeing as I know some people I could get our costumes custom made. We just have to go to a few more stores to pick up a few accessories and then we can go to Honeydukes to stock up on sweets. Oh and then to The Three Broomsticks..." She rambled on about the plans for today. She always does this. Plans out the whole day for us. I don't mind though, she always leaves time if I want to go to a specific shop.

"Sounds great." I said when she finished talking though I stopped listening halfway through.

The lady came back with out outfits and can I just say they look amazing. Mine was red and black and hers was white. They were cute dress that went above the knee. It was tight at the top and flowy at the bottom. Mine had a leather strap around the waist and hers had white lace.

We walked out of the shop and went into another one. We got wings for our outfits. Hers were white and mine were black. They were fairly big feathery wings. She also got a halo while I got horns.

After that we went to a makeup shop to find some appropriate makeup. Growing up in a pureblood family has its perks. We were basically trained professionals in the art of makeup.

We went to Honeydukes next. I needed to stock up on sweets. Sugar quills have always been my favourite, so I got a bunch of those in almost every flavour.

Lastly we went to The Three Broomsticks, where we met up with Lucius and Severus. We were currently sitting in a booth enjoying our day. Lucius insisted on buying us more butter beer so he and Severus left to go get it.

Two boys filled the spaces where Lucius and Severus were sitting only moments ago. I looked up knowing they couldn't be back so soon and I was proved correct as it was not them. It was Potter and Black.

"Yes, Potter, Black?" I asked raising my eyebrow in question.

Black spoke up first. "I want you to give this letter to my brother. Don't open it." He gave me a stern look. I nodded.

They stood up to leave and just in time because Lucius and Severus got back. They sat down and they gave us confused looks. We pretended like we didn't see them.

I smiled when Lucius handed me my butter beer. I took a sip and smirked at their confused glances. Boys are so dense.

We got back to the Slytherin Common Room and I was now on a mission to find Regulus. I asked a few students and one told me they saw him in the library so I made my way there.

I walked around the library and finally found him sitting alone at the back. I walked up to him and sat down.

"Hey Reg." I greeted him with a kind smile. Regulus was one of the ones I could truly be myself around. It was mainly because he was exactly like me. We're both just stuck trying to choose between what is right and wrong. Is there even a right or wrong?

"Hey." He smiled half-heartedly.

"Sirius wanted me to give you this." I handed him the letter. He didn't say anything but I say his eyes darken. He reluctantly took the letter and put it in his pocket.

"Is that all?" He asked refusing to meet my eye.

"Reg. I'm worried about you." I asked my face showing my concern. This was one of the moments I let my face show what I was feeling. What I was truly feeling. And that was a deep concern for someone I saw as a little brother.

"I'm fine Liv. I really am." He gave me a sorry excuse for a smile.

"You can't lie to me Reg. You can tell me anything. Is it about Catherine? About..." I pointed at his left arm when I said the last part.

"It's not about Catherine. I'm over her. As for...that. Well I'm just stressing out. I'll be fine though. Don't worry about me." This time he smiled genuinely. I knew he was grateful someone cared about him. He didn't have his brother, all his parents cared about was the dark mark, and even his friends were only there because of his name.

"You'll do fine Reg. I know you will. Okay?"

"Okay."