Chapter 43

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

The words rang through my head. The same words Dumbledore told me and James two days ago. He advised we go into hiding, along with the Longbottoms, who gave birth to their son a day before Harry and Sara were born.

Today, Dumbledore asked James to bring me with to the order meeting because he wanted to speak with us and Longbottoms about going into hiding.

We entered the safe house, each of us holding a child. I held Harry in my arms while James held Sara.

I clutched Harry tightly to my chest as we entered. Many of the Order members gave me looks, clearly not trusting my bloodline.

They can go screw themselves.

James led me to an area off to the side where Alice and Frank Longbottom sat holding little Neville.

I gave both of them a hug and gave Neville a soft kiss on his forehead. We sat down on the chairs next to them. I sat closely to James and he wrapped his free arm around my waist, holding Sara in the other.

Soon, Dumbledore arrived.

"I hate that we have to meet under such circumstances but this issue must be resolved. It is imperative both families go into hiding." Dumbledore told us.

James nodded, "I understand, Albus"

"You will need to move, anywhere. Only tell one person of your whereabouts, they will be your Secret Keeper. It must be someone you trust, because the only way they can give up your whereabouts is willingly. No curse nor potion will work to reveal the secret."

We all nodded. What was I meant to do? Voldemort would surely come for me too? Would my cover be blown? Will he expect me to handover my son?

Dumbledore must have sensed my worry because he made eye contact with me.

"Now you should all head to the meeting. Alivia, come, we can have a chat while you wait for your husband to finish." He spoke, no one else thought anything of it but I knew he wanted to talk about what was going to happen to me.

They all left and the youngest children slept with Molly Weasley watching over them. I didn't know her too well but she was a lovely person with a fiery attitude.

Dumbledore and I walked to a corner of the safe house, away from prying ears.

"Alivia, I understand what would happen if Voldemort found out the prophecy is about your son." Dumbledore started.

"How will I continue going to meetings?" I asked. What would I tell James?

"You can tell Mr Potter you will be visiting me. If I asks why, tell him I said you may not tell, and that you'll be safe with me. I understand you do not want to lie but it's for your safety. If you do not continue to attend meetings as normal, Voldemort will easily be able to connect the dots that it is your son the prophecy might speak of."

I sucked in a breath. My son could be the one with the power to defeat Voldemort. If he ever gets the chance.

I didn't want to be pessimistic but I couldn't stop the thoughts from rushing through my mind.

Third Person POV

Peter was sure of it. He was so sure he had seen Alivia Potter at a Death Eater meeting.

Now, Dumbledore has confirmed it.

Neither Alivia nor Dumber had sensed the rat scuttling in the dark corner. Neither had been aware they were being listened to.

Peter was sure he'd be rewarded greatly for delivering this news to his master.

And so, Alivia and James Potter went to their new home. Despite initially wanting Sirius to be secret keeper they agreed on Peter Pettigrew to be the secret keeper. He was the most least suspecting after all.

No one had realised the mistake they made.

Peter grew excited. His master would be even more pleased that he could point him in the direction of the Potters. He even knew the Longbottoms were apart of it.

A week later when everything had been confirmed and completed, the Potters living safely in there new hidden home. Protecting their children.

Peter conducted a plan to tell Voldemort, to tell him first that Alivia was a spy.

Capture her.

And then tell him about how they are connected to the prophecy.

That was the day a friend truly betrayed them. The need for power and control had taken over his mind and now that he had information the Dark Lord didn't, he felt invincible.

He forgot about everything his friends did for him.

He forgot about how they loved him and he loved them.

His love for power outshone his love for his friends and he forgot about them.

But he didn't care.

_________________________________________

How did you like the chapter? <3

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

Check out my newest story!! Chapter 1 is currently up, it's more of a prologue. It's called Roses // R.Black

Give it a read if you want and let me know if you like what's happened so far!! <3

– mysticpanda xx