Chapter 25

Today is hogsmeade. Narcissa planned the whole day. She always does. She's an excellent planner. She knows when the best time is to go to each shop or restaurant. She knows how to slot in each place we want to visit and how to manage our time efficiently throughout the day.

I am definitely thankful for that. Without her I doubt we would get to all the shops we wanted to.

I woke up to a knock on my door. I groan before getting up and walking to the door. Outside stood Narcissa. How she got in, I had no idea. She's not a prefect so she doesn't know the password.

"Narcissa?" I asked, "what are you doing at," I looked towards my clock on my desk, "bloody 6 in the morning?" I may have been and early riser but I preferred to wake up in my own time. Someone waking me up led me to be grumpy for around another 2 hours.

"We need to get ready for Hogsmeade!" She smiled. Then I noticed the bag she was carrying. Probably all the outfits she wanted me to try.

"How did you even get in?" I asked. I sat down on my bed and sighed and I watched her take out a few skirts, dresses, and blouses.

"Oh Potter let me in. He was leaving when I got here. Probably going to get ready with his friends." She picked up a white blouse and held it against a black knee-length skirt. "How's this?"

"It looks great." I forced a smile. I loved looking my best but I hated getting ready. Especially with Narcissa, with her everything needed to be perfect.

She shook her head before picking up a black button up blouse. "Perfect!" She screamed as she picked up a dark green high waisted skirt.

She shoved them into my hands and ushered me to the bathroom. She passed me stockings and a pair of heels as well.

I care out fully dressed and allowed Narcissa to do my hair and make up. Narcissa wore a dark green dress with stockings and pumps. It was still cold after all.

I grabbed a black coat and threw it over my shoulders and Narcissa chose a black coat a long as her dress, which was knee length.

We did love showing Slytherin Pride.

We walked down to the Entrance hall at 9:00. Lucius, Severus, and Regulus were waiting for us.

Lucius have Narcissa a hug and she kissed him on the cheek. They hooked arms and lead the way to Hogsmeade. I smiled at Severus and Regulus before Severus followed after them. Regulus offered me his arm to be polite and we made our way after them.

We went to Honeydukes first. It was closest to us and everyone wanted to go there. I bought a few sugar quills and toffees.

We went to a bookstore next. I needed to grab a few more books. I couldn't really take the library books home. Severus grabbed a few potions books as well.

Then we went to The Three Broomsticks. Lucius told us to get a table as he went to order some butter beers.

We chose a table at the back, faraway from the Marauders and Lily. We can't have Lucius and Severus starting more fights with Sirius and James.

We got our butter beers and spoke about quidditch, NEWTS, and new books. Severus read a book quietly, occasionally joining into the conversation Narcissa and Lucius were having about the upcoming NEWTS.

Regulus was very quiet so I decided to speak to him.

"Hey Reg. Have you spoken to Sirius at all?" I asked with a light smile. I probably shouldn't have gone for the worst possible thing to speak about.

"Um...no. I haven't. I don't think he wants to speak to me." He replied.

"Well clearly you're not as brilliant as I am." I attempted to lighten the mood. "He talks to me no matter how much I ignore him. Nearly got me detention because, and I quote, 'Looked at him with disgust rather than admiration'." Regulus laughed.

"Talk about me, you have a certain Potter trying to grab your attention." He smirked at me.

"What are talking about? The only time Potter talks to me is to complain about how Lily ignores him." I didn't want them to know the full extent of my relationship with James. In their eyes he was still a bloodtraitor after all.

"Then tell me why Potter has been staring at you for the past 10 minutes." He smirked again. I wanted to wipe that smug look off of his face. I hate it when he gets like this. He's always been really good at reading people, and when he finds something her gets all smug about it.

"You're lying." I tried to see if he was bluffing. I knew he wasn't. He knew I knew.

"Turn around then."

I whipped around to see James staring at me. Sirius and Peter were talking about something. Lily and Remus were engaging in a much quieter conversation. But James, he was staring at me.

I looked at each other for what seemed like minutes but was only seconds. He looked away blushing as he did. Lily turned to look at him and smiled before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. I couldn't tell if he turned slightly on purpose or simply didn't anticipate the kiss.

Either way it made me sad. Regulus saw that.

He looked at me and sighed. He knew. What exactly he knew I had no idea. Not even I knew what I felt, what I was hiding deep inside of me.

He pulled me up and ushered me out of The Three Broomsticks. He made some excuse about us taking a walk to the others.

Once we got outside he led the way back to the castle. We walked in silence for a moment before he spoke.

"You can't like him, you know that right?" He said at last. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"I know. I'll be disowned. It's not like I'm not already close to being disowned." I sighed grumpily,

"It's not only about that. Yes you'll be disowned but you'll be a target. You'll no longer be safe. Your brother only wants to protect you and if you go and get disowned you'll be in so much danger." Like Sirius. I knew he wanted to say that.

Regulus still cared deeply for his brother. Just like I knew Lucius cared for me. I know he knows I'm planning on getting myself disowned. It's bound to happen. The only other way out is death.

"I know. That's what hurts the most." I suspected Regulus already knew about my plan. He knows I'm going to get disowned one way or another.

We walked the rest of the way in silence. Regulus walked me to my common room before heading to the Slytherin one. I missed going there everyday. I rarely ever went there anymore. Narcissa usually had to drag me down there. It's a long walk from the seventh floor to the dungeons on the other side of the castle.

I took a long nap when I got back, only waking up at midnight. I got up to get some water before climbing back into bed. I knew I missed dinner but I didn't really care. I just wanted my life to be normal.

Not that being a regular witch was normal.

_________________________________________

Hey guys! I might not update for a while. I'm getting sick and Athletics has made me really tired. I'll try to update this weekend though. ^^

– mysticpanda xx