Chapter 37

7 years.

That's how long I have been attending Hogwarts. It was all over. Today is the day I graduate.

Any normal person would be ecstatic to be graduating, my even feeling reminiscent.

I, however, am not a normal person. I was nervous beyond explanation and I had not stopped pacing around Narcissa's dorm room.

We had decided to get ready for our final day together, so I brought all my stuff up to her dorm and left my trunk and other belongings in the entrance hall to be brought to the train.

Narcissa had been trying to calm me down but I could not stop thinking about what I was about to do. Lucius would be going home with our parents and I'd be going home with James.

I care about my parents. I love them. I knew it would hurt them to do this but I needed to. For my sake.

It may sound selfish but I had my own beliefs and I needed to show that one way or another.

"Liv. Liv. Alivia!" Narcissa shouting broke me from my trance. I turned towards her, startled. She got up and put her hands on my shoulders. "Calm down Alivia. You will be fine."

"I know Cissy, but I'm worried. I know it will hurt them." I said.

Narcissa nodded and pulled me into a hug. "I know. I may not agree with you but it's what you want and I support that at the very least."

I smiled. "I know Cissy, thank you. That's all I could ever ask for." I whispered into her shoulder.

Narcissa patted my back and released me from the hug. "Now let's go. We're going to miss the train at this rate." She laughed.

I laughed with her and we grabbed the last of our belongings and left the room.

Entering the Common Room, I took one last look around. I smiled to myself. I would always remember this place. I met my best friends in this very room. I had my first kiss at a party here once. I even remember when Regulus and Lucius were messing around and nearly set the room on fire.

I would never forget this. Some of my best memories happened in this very room.

Narcissa tugged my arm and we both exited the Slytherin Common Room for the last time.

I stood on the edge of the Black Lake with Narcissa and Lucius at my sides. We entered the school together on the boats and no we were leaving the same way.

We got into the boats and they began moving. I looked to my left and spotted the Marauders. James caught my eye and he winked at me. I blushed and looked forward again.

We got out of the boats and stepped onto the train. I wanted to sit with Narcissa, Lucius, Severus, and Regulus for the last train ride because it would probably be a while before I see them again after this.

Lucius, Narcissa, and I finally found the compartment with Regulus and Severus. We sat down; Narcissa, Lucius and I on one side and Severus and Regulus on the other.

We spoke and laughed and joked the entire journey. I really would miss them. We would be on opposite sides of a war. A war. One I was ready to fight in. Even if it meant fighting against my own family and friends, because either way they'd still be fighting against me.

Soon, though, that journey came to an end. We pulled into the station and that's when my heart stopped because I finally remembered what I was about to do. I decided to say goodbye to my friends now.

I hugged each of them and they left, all except Lucius. I gave him a hug and he held me tightly.

"I'll miss you Lucy." I whispered.