Chapter 3

"Good morning..." Izaya sung with a whisper tone. "Wake up, Taka-chan." He gently encouraged as he rubbed her shoulder.

The girl released a tired groan and rolled to the opposite side of her body.

He sighed, considering that, perhaps, him waking up before her was becoming a norm for the couple. He smiled down at her sleeping form. "I would let you get your beauty sleep, but we do need to leave in an hour."

She shifted again, and the young man suddenly recalled what he overheard the previous day. His cheeks reddened as he thought of the topic. Sure, he had briefly thought of being deeply intimate with his beloved, but he never believed that his imagination would manifest into reality, even though they were to be married. He wondered if the girl really did buy those sorts of clothes...

His face became am even brighter shade of red and he shook the thought from his head. He had trouble even acknowledging that he -- of all people -- was becoming frazzled over something like that. "Takara..." He began as he twirled a strand of curly hair around his finger. "You know you make me crazy." After a moment of seriousness, he chuckled. "But c'mon. We really need to get going." He said before sliding his hands around her waist.

He effortlessly tossed the girl over his shoulder, causing her to groan again. She rubbed her eyes. "If you don't wake up, I'm going to need to pack you in the luggage."

Takara opened her eyes, but as soon as she did so, she yelped in shock. And then, she sighed, and complained, "Izaya..."

"I've been trying to wake you up for the past fifteen minutes." He reasoned.

She grumbled something incomprehensible.

"Are you all packed? Is there anything you need before we go? It would be safer to get to the airport a little sooner than we planned."

"Yes, I'm ready." She said with a tired voice. "I'm fine and I just need to get dressed. Thanks, mom." She commented sarcastically. "Put me down, now."

"Say please." He hummed jokingly.

The girl made an odd, disgruntled noise as she began to pound on his back and whine, "Put me down..."

Laughter bubbled within the young man's throat. "Do you remember? That I get what I want."

"You're horrible." She mumbled.

"The same horrible guy that's taking you on a two-week, glamorous vacation to California."

"Shut up." She stopped trying to protest, and merely muttered in defeat. "You're too perfect." She whispered, immediately regretting giving him the satisfaction of hearing those words.

"Aw, Taka-chan." He sung joyfully, finally setting her on the ground.

She narrowed her hazel eyes. "Whatever." She grumbled, still dissatisfied with what she considered her loss. "Leave, so I can change." She roughly turned him around and pushed him to the door of the bedroom.

"Am I not allowed to watch you change?" He whined.

But as soon as the words escaped his mouth, he regretted them. Takara paused, and Izaya stiffened. Both of their cheeks became rosy. He had said such teasing words before, but neither of them reacted in such a way.

Her hands dropped limply and she averted her gaze shyly. Under her breath, she muttered, "I mean... if you -"

"It's okay!" He interrupted with a grin, though only Takara could see the discomfort underneath it. "You can have your privacy!" He quickly left the room, shutting the door behind him.

Both of their personalities were usually bold and casual, but now, they each seemed overcome with a weird sense of shyness and insecurity. The confusion circulated in her mind as she dressed herself and packed a few last-minute items.

-----------------------

Izaya set a cup of warm Starbucks coffee on the table beside the chair that Takara was sitting in as he took a sip from his own order. He had told her he was going to the bathroom, but he had returned with coffee for her. The simple fact made her smile as she examined the checked boxes on the side of the drink.

"You ordered it perfectly." She mentioned, her eyes widened with slight surprise.

"Well, I have known you for over thirteen years." He smiled. "Remembering your Starbucks order is one of the easiest things I could've done." He stated confidently as he took a seat next to the girl.

"Hm... Thirteen years." Takara hummed and took a sip of her caffeinated drink.

In perfect English, a voice echoed over the speakers where the two sat, awaiting their flight. "Flight twelve-nineteen at gate twenty-nine A with direct service to San Francisco, we will now begin boarding." The board-sounding voice informed.

The brunette stood and grabbed her carry-on bag. "Well, that's us." She said.

"Woah, Taka-chan!" Izaya gasped, astonished. "You understood all that?!"

"I did live in America for five years. I wouldn't have survived if I didn't know English." She grinned.

When they found their seats on the plane, the girl squeezed into the far seat by the window, with her fiancé taking the seat by the isle. The plane was massive, with two-seating rows on each side and four-seating rows in the center, separated by isles. The girl was silently grateful that she didn't have to be cramped into a three-seating row next to some stranger for eleven hours.

Izaya was overjoyed with the flight's accommodations. Each seat had a small touch-screen television attached to the seat in front of them with a list of complimentary movies. "Hey, Taka-chan! We can totally have a marathon!" He exclaimed.

She smiled at his comment and nodded.

Once the plane reached comfortable altitude, the passengers were allowed access to the movie list, which didn't take too long to look through before Takara and Izaya found something to watch. Even though they each had their own televisions, the girl had agreed to watch a movie with him.

So, they shared headphones that were plugged into the modern devices and the brunette leaned her head on the boy's shoulder, moving the armrest between them out of the way.

Bythe third movie, she had fallen asleep, lying peacefully on her beloved's safeshoulder.