Chapter 5

Four days later, Takara couldn't even begin to imagine what Izaya had in store. The past few days all consisted of the same sorts of activities: eating on the beach, spending time between just the two of them, and acting as though they were newlyweds with the absence of a certain, rather important, aspect. But the thoughts hadn't crossed either of their minds in California.

When the girl began to show the first signs of waking up, her fiancé sat on the side of the mattress beside her, holding a tray in his hands. Lured by the smell, she squeezed her eyes shut, and then opened them.

"Good morning, Taka-chan." He sung happily.

She hummed, comprehending the scene before her with her beloved bearing a tray full of fancy breakfast foods. She pushed herself upright. "What's this?" She asked groggily as she ran a hand through her tousled curls.

"Do you think I could forget?" He grinned as he set the tray on her lap.

She tilted her head to the side, trying to understand what he was saying.

He released a chuckle and ruffled her hair. "It's your birthday."

Takara's eyes suddenly widened with realization. "Oh, right." She acknowledged.

"Which means I'm going to spoil you endlessly today." He toyed with a curl that framed her face.

She leaned closer to him, resting her forehead on his as she said, "You've already spoiled me so much." She touched his cheek and bit her lower lip. "Why can't I spoil you?" She kissed him softly.

"You've spoiled me by being with me." Izaya said as he pulled the girl into another kiss. Yet, as soon as it began, he parted from her. "But you should eat breakfast before you eat me." He teased.

"Yeah." She giggled. "You're right."

-----------------------

Takara poked a shiny pair of earrings into her earlobes, and then she corrected the lace cocktail dress she wore. The black fabric hugged her body nicely, with sheer, lace cap-sleeves. She felt sexy, but classy and beautiful. For once, her brown curls were tamed and looked smooth in the bright bathroom light. To finish her womanly, fancy look, she lightly shined her lips with gloss.

Izaya told her to dress up, so she did, and she dressed to impress. She knew she was looking great, and she held herself with confidence as she walked into the main room of the hotel.

The young man turned as he finished buttoning his vest. "Taka..." His voice dissolved into the air as his auburn eyes reflected his surprise.

A smirk danced on the girl's glossed lips. "This is the nicest I've seen you dress." She commented, and the boy uncharacteristically averted his gaze.

"It's weird, isn't it." He ran a hand through his raven-colored hair, which seemed to be the only thing that remained unmade.

"Definitely different." She acknowledged while biting her lip. "But really handsome."

"That's probably the most encouraging thing you've said to me."

She laughed. "Oh, come on, I'm not that mean."

"Well, it's on the list just above 'don't kill yourself.'"

The girl grinned, but her heart cringed. "I'm sorry about that stuff." She apologized quietly.

Izaya wore a wide, white smile as he walked up to her, draping his arm around her shoulders and bringing her to his side. "Don't think about that stuff. Right now, I'm just focused on taking out my beautiful, wonderful, smart, gorgeous fiancée."

"Mm, thanks." She hummed as she leaned into him.

"You look extra pretty, but you're usually pretty without all the extra stuff anyway." He mentioned with a light blush on his cheeks.

"That's so cheesy."

"But it's true."

"Loser." She mumbled through her silly grin.

"This 'loser' is your fiancé."

"I'm very aware. I am the one that said 'yes.'"

Izaya then took Takara from the room, rented a nice car, and arrived at a very fancy-looking restaurant. She was glad that she was told to dress up, as that if she wore her usual clothes, she would feel very out of place. However, they seemed to belong among high-class members of society with their formal appearances.

Once the bill came, the girl tried to take a look, but Izaya wouldn't let her see how much money they were spending. But she wasn't allowed to to see even the prices of the things they ordered. "Stop worrying." He would say to her. "You're going to be spoiled today, so get over it."

When they left, she wrapped him in a hug, resting her head on his chest as he rubbed her back comfortingly. "Thank you." She muttered.

"Of course, Taka-chan. But the days not over." He hummed, still excited. "We did this nice, fancy thing, but now we need to do something more like us."

"Huh?" She tilted her head to the side.

"C'mon." He tugged on her hand, pulling her a few doors down on the city street they were on, to a store that they weren't exactly dressed appropriately to enter.

Izaya exchanged a few words with the store-owner in English -- about as much as he could handle -- and he handed the raven-haired man a pair of keys. Once he returned to Takara's side, he hooked his elbow with hers and left, only taking a few steps before he pressed a button on the keys.

In response, a vehicle's horn sounded in the night accompanied by a flash of light. "Ah, here we are." He sighed, bringing the girl to a motorcycle.

The brunette chuckled as Izaya draped his jacket around her shoulders. "This is so like you."

"Are you ready, dangerous Taka-chan?"

"Heck yeah."

He climbed onto the motorcycle and waited for the girl to sit on the back. While she couldn't position herself normally in a tight dress, she did sit with her legs on one side, relying on Izaya to keep her on the vehicle. "Are you sure you can drive in America?"

"The only difference is that you have to drive on the other side of the road..." He scoffed confidently.

"That's a huge difference."

"Come on, Taka-chan. Just trust me and hold on tight." With that, he started the bike and took off.

She yelped with surprise, and then tightly wrapped her arms around Izaya's waist to hold on.