Chapter 13

The sun peaked over the horizon, shining over the beach and catching the glimmer of anything that may shine under its pale yellow fire. Izaya sighed a deep breath of relief as he spotted rainbow shine reflecting oddly in the sand and stumbled towards the cause of the obscured light.

Digging into the sediments, he discovered the diamond ring that he carelessly threw and frantically took it within his hands again. Seeing it once more caused tears to flood into his eyes.

He had screwed up. He was very aware that Takara had pure emotions for justified reasons, and instead of soothing her and declaring his love with confidence like he should have, he, too, responded with bitterness. She wasn't perfect, but neither was he, but he knew that they were a perfect team.

Her venomous words rang in his ear: "I never should have given the man who tried to rape me a chance."

Izaya acknowledged that she was absolutely correct. With what he had done to her, she should have never spoken to him again. She shouldn't have let him explain himself or cry on her shoulder. She shouldn't have had compassion for him, and she shouldn't have kissed him.

But before he realized it, Takara had become his world. He didn't know what to do without her in it.

He sprinted back to the hotel, and when he reached the room as beads of sweat fell from his sleep-deprived body, his heart was flooded with panic as he noticed all of the girl's belongings, as well as her, was gone.

He searched through the files where their information was stored, finding her passport and plane ticket missing.

Knowing that, he left the room, carrying the documents. He retrieved the closest taxi and demanded the driver rush to the airport in mangled English.

He flew through the security, surely looking suspicious, and registered for the soonest flight to Tokyo, stopping for a pat-down security check along the way. Satisfied with his supposed innocence, the officers released him to dash through the tiled halls, searching for the gate as the overhead speakers announced the flight was closing boarding.

Panting, he finally reached the gate, and was given permission to board.

Paying no regard to the pre-arranged seating, he searched the many pairs of eyes that looked at him; catching the unmistakable, surprised hazel eyes that belonged to the woman he loved.

Takara wasn't seated yet as she stood beside the overhead bin, paralyzed with shock as Izaya rushed to her and flung his long arms around her shoulders.

He brought her head to his shoulder, and she could feel his racing heart as his entire body shook, hearing his sobbing.

"Stop." She muttered, weakly lifting her arms in attempt to push him away.

But he hugged her more tightly. "Just listen to me. Just listen to what I have to say. If you don't want to forgive me for everything I've done, then you can leave me and I promise I won't chase you any longer."

Her body stiffened, but nonetheless, she nodded slowly.

"I love you so much, Takara. I screwed up, I'm aware. I'm not perfect, and I know I'm not the easiest person to love, but I guess that's why we work." With every word, the raven-haired man trembled.

At that point, the flight attendants were trying to get them to take a seat, yet were hesitant to break them apart, understanding that the situation was dire.

"I want to listen to everything you say. I want to know how you feel, and I want to do everything in my power for you. But I'm not easy to be with, and I screw up, like I did last night. I'm a work in progress, but I'm sorry for not being everything you want me to be.

"But the truth is: I can't live without you, Takara. I need you by my side, through everything. Whether you are my partner, my friend, my girlfriend, my fiancée, or my wife, I want to be with you forever. I love you, Takara. I love you, I love you, I love you. I can't say it enough."

Takara began to cry as well, feeling her eyes burn with salty water. "Izaya..." She said in a hushed, barely audible whisper.

Cautiously and slowly, her fingers gently moved across the boy's shaking back, finding their way to his shoulder blades as she returned his longing embrace.

"I'm so sorry." She sobbed. "For saying those things, and..."

Izaya's arms slid down her body, falling to his sides as he dropped to his knee in a defeated manner. He looked up at her with sorrowful, longing auburn eyes. His thin lips stretched into a grin, but it was filled with worry, sadness, and fear.

He took her shaking hand within his palm, which was also trembling. "Takara," he began, earning more eager expressions from the bystanders. "You are a beautiful, smart, silly, exciting young woman. And you seem to be the only one who can put up with this stupid, useless, and pathetic piece of crap."

Takara swallowed, remembering the familiar words as if they were said just the day prior.

"You may not be perfect as a person, but still, you are my perfect other half. I couldn't imagine living without you. Please, Takara..." He pulled the brilliant diamond ring, slightly dusted with sand, from his shirt pocket. "Please come back to me."

Silence filled the aircraft as nearly everyone stared at them expectantly.

The girl nodded.

And surely, no matter howimperfect each of them were as individuals, together they were perfect andcomplete, despite how dangerous their love proved to be.