Chapter 4

Takara exhaustively collapsed onto the massive, soft mattress, stretching across the white blanket like a starfish. "Mm... This bed is wonderful." She hummed. "So... sleepy."

Izaya chuckled, proud that he was the one who booked the hotel. If he was a woman, he would have confidently tossed his hair, but his satisfied grin sufficed. "Well, look at the rest of this place. It's pretty damn nice."

"I'll look tomorrow..."She mumbled.

"It's only one o'clock." He laughed, taking a seat beside the girl.

"It's five a.m. in Japan."

"You should at least try to get your internal clock in sync with the time here."

She looked up at the young man with tired, glazed eyes. "But... jet-lag..." She pouted.

His face softened into a smile. "Fine, Taka-chan."

She hummed with satisfaction and allowed her body to relax into the remarkably soft mattress. Within seconds, she fell asleep.

-----------------------

Takara felt her body waking up to a soft, simple melody that grew louder as her mind entered consciousness. Eventually, she could make out words.

"Takara Orihara~" The familiar voice sung happily.

She woke up immediately and suppressed a giggle. She supported her upper body with her arm and watched as her fiancé leaned over the hotel's white picket fence-like balcony, overseeing the deep blue ocean where waves gently crashed on the sandy shore.

"Izaya and Takara O-ri-ha-ra..." He repeated in his joyful sing-song voice.

"Who said I would take your last name?" Takara chimed with a grin. When Izaya looked over to her, surprised by her sudden words, she tossed her curls dramatically.

He placed his fingers on his chin thoughtfully. "Hm... Izaya Namazaki... It doesn't have a good ring to it..." He seemed truly preoccupied by the concept of last names.

She laughed. "I'm just joking! Of course I'm going to take your name." But she couldn't stifle how funny she found his words. "But seriously, don't girls typically do that sort of thing."

"Huh? What sort of thing?" He tilted his head to the side in thought.

She lifted her index finger. "Izaya and Takara O-ri-ha-ra~" She mimicked.

Izaya beamed. "To be honest, Taka-chan, I really can't wait until you are misses Orihara."

The girl didn't speak for a moment, merely analyzing the raven-haired man's smile. Eventually, she nodded and said, "Me neither." Upon sudden realization, she blinked. "Oh, Izaya. What time is it?" She felt fully rested but it appeared as though the sun had just risen.

He took a look at his cell-phone. "Six-forty in the morning."

"I guess I'm sort of getting on the right track..." She mumbled. "How long have you been up?"

"Well, I'm not quite used to the time difference either. I took a three-hour long nap an hour or so ago." He casually stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Oh, I see." She muttered, and then her hazel eyes brightened with sudden excitement. "Do you have any plans today?!" She asked, bubbling with energy.

"My only plans are with you." He sung.

"Oh, I mean, did you plan anything today?"

"Not in particular."

"Great!" She shouted happily, climbing to her knees and latching onto Izaya's arm. "Let's go have breakfast on the beach and hangout all day."

Seeing Takara's enthusiasm, his cheeks reddened lightly. "U-uh, yeah. Of course."

"Yay!" She cheered. "I'm gonna go change. Make sure you wear a bathing suit, 'kay?"

He chuckled and nodded. Before long, the two were dressed as beach-goers, with the young man wearing a t-shirt over his swim-shorts and the girl dressed in a black bikini with denim shorts. She could feel her heart burning with excitement.

They left the hotel room and carried their shoes as they walked along the yellow beach, chatting about nonsense until they found a cute-looking breakfast shop. The blonde waitress sat them at a table, and a few minutes later, brought them each fancy-looking cappuccino with a heart design fancily inscribed in the foam.

"I'm sorry if I'm being too nosy, but are you two newlyweds?" The woman asked in English, bearing a west-coast accent.

Being the only one to truly understand English, Takara shook her head. "We're engaged." She informed. "But this vacation does sort of feel like a honeymoon." She laughed alongside the kind waitress.

"Oh, I see. Do you know what you would like to order?" She continued, pulling a notepad from her pocket and frivolously taking notes as the brunette ordered for both she and her non-English-speaking fiancé.

After a nice meal, Izaya and Takara walked along the beach for who-knows-how long. Eventually, the brunette took a hold of the boy's hand, lacing her fingers within his long ones like a puzzle piece. "You know, Izaya..." She began as she gazed distantly into the sparse clouds. "You make me feel like a really special girl."

"I'm glad you feel that way." He smiled gently as he watched her. "'Cause you're really special to me, Taka-chan."

"Is it weird to say that felt so happy before? I mean, the things you do for me... And even though you're childish at times, you make me laugh." A light blush danced on her cheeks as she spoke.

"You saying these types of things is weird." Izaya laughed. "But I understand that feeling of being happy. You've always made me feel happy. The only time in the past thirteen years that you have made me unhappy is when you were gone, and when you cried."

"Psh." She shrugged, but a smile was plastered to her lips. "That's such a sappy answer.'

"Well, I have loved Taka-chan for thirteen years..." He trailed as he looked away, his cheeks becoming flushed shyly.

"Thirteen years?!" She gasped in shock. "What?!"

"Well, maybe that was an exaggeration. It may have been twelve." He hummed, placing his index finger on his chin. "I've loved you basically since we first met."

"Izaya..."

"There's no need to talk about these sorts of things now." His voice suddenly rose excitedly. He effortlessly swung the girl up into his arms, supporting her lower back as she wrapped her legs around his waist to keep herself upright. "You are my favorite human." He sung. "So it shouldn't be that hard to believe."

"Idiot." She huffed, but nonetheless, took his face between her hands and rested her forehead on his. "I guess I'll have to make up for all those years that your love was one-sided."

Before he could say anything, she kissed him without any care of the fact they were in public or that anyone may be watching.