Chapter 9: Blackout

The universe must have been on my side today because I hit every green light on the way to the park.

I know the park may not seem like much but what a lot of people don't know is that this park is special.

This park is surrounded by a forest that has a trail to follow, but if you were to turn left where a giant rock lays you'll start heading down towards a stream.

Back in high school Jungkook and I found this place one of the nights he was kicked out of the house and wanted to go for a stroll in the park to clear his head.

I was terrified to come down here that night because I am NO fan of the dark.

I've seen too many scary movies and going into a secret stream hidden down into a forest in the middle of the night was the perfect plot to a horror film.

But as we laid there in the open space next to the water, staring at the stars, everything seemed to just disappear.

It was like I was in the sky, apart of the stars.

It was beautiful, peaceful.. it was the perfect place to get away to.

That night Jungkook went and actually took one of the picnic benches the park has and lugged it down to the stream, well he actually chucked it down and crossed his fingers that it didn't break apart as it tumbled down to the stream.

Ever since that night when ever I needed to clear my head, cry, or just needed alone time I've came here.

Though it was Jungkook who found it, I claimed it as my spot.

And it's no surprise, as I pull up to the park I see none other than Youngjae and the ice princess together going up the trail.

Why are they literally everywhere I go ?

I waited for them to turn the corner before I went off the trail and down to my spot.

As I made my way down to the bench I notice trash all around the area, as if someone has been here.

I really hope no one else found this place, I mean I wouldn't be surprised but I just hope not because they seem like jerks, who leaves a pretty place like this full of trash.

When I go to start picking up the trash as I hear the most unique laugh I know, Youngjae ...

He must really be happy with her.

My chest starts to feel like someone's sitting on it and my eyes begin to water, my legs feel like they're about to give up from under me and I fall to my knees crying.

Here I am losing myself and he's up there with her having an amazing time.

How fast he switched on me.. he went from the sweetest person who's never made me cry to being the worst person alive.

Sitting here on my hands and knees all the memories of the last few years I had with Youngjae started to flash in my head.

Nothing lasted too long cause I heard rustling in the bushes and I panicked.

I don't know who or what's in that bush and this is a very secluded spot, what if it's a weirdo or something?

When I got up to run back up the hill on the opposite side of where the noise was coming, I was stopped dead in my tracks when I heard my name being called.