Greater Change

I always use to think that boy-obsessed girls were waisting their time.

Till it was me, surrounded by every file and picture I could find on Spider-Man.

My previously made bed was now a complete disaster. The comforter scrunched up oddly in different places as I moved around, trying to organize the mess of papers the surface area of my desk simply couldn't handle.

Oddly enough, the sight reminds me of what it was like in Malibu when I went to a private school that gave way too much homework every night.

Thinking back to the pressure and stress that the school came with, I have no idea how I survived.

I like to think of myself as my own person, not my dad. However, as much as I hate to admit it, I see him in myself with being dedicated and stubborn.

Not being able to find what I need, frustration took over and I laid back on my pillows, messing up my bed even more.

I watched the ceiling while simultaneously stretching my neck as I tried to think of different things to try.

When an idea came to my mind, I instantly knew it was a terrible one though I decided that I might as well follow through with it at this point.

Without moving the rest of my body, I turned my head towards my desk where my laptop was. I watched it longingly, and knew that it could be the answer to my problem. Not wanting to get up to retrieve it however, the vibrant blue light danced around my hand gracefully as my laptop shot towards me.

When I caught it as it rocketed towards me, I felt bad A.

I immediately got to work and pulled up SHIELD's files. I knew it was a terrible idea, though I couldn't bring myself to stop and think about it.

When I reached the first firewall, I finally stopped.

If I get caught, I could get into serious trouble with SHIELD.

I tossed the idea back and forth on whether or not I should risk pressing further. If I stop now, I don't have to worry about SHIELD knocking on my door. But, my desperate desire to learn more about the web slinger won.

Usually, I can hack things fairly quick. Less protected websites only take a few seconds for me to hack, while websites with better protection can take around 5 minutes. However, I was not prepared to spend 30 minutes trying to get into SHIELD's files.

But 30 minutes later, I was in.

It didn't take long to find the hero's files since the Avengers use to be a big part of SHIELD, till they became a private organization.

I scrolled through the files until I found Spider-Man's file among them, and was filled with excitement.

Immediately, I began clicking through his files. It was all things I'd already seen regarding video's on YouTube, pictures, etc.

Although, my excitement was quickly put on hold when I realized I couldn't access any of his personal information.

Usually, I would immediately begin hacking even if it takes days. But when I saw the code, I stopped and stared at it in disbelief.

These character's aren't in a language I'm familiar with.

In fact, they're not even characters at all.

My heart raced as I stared at the bizarre symbols, trying desperately to figure out what they are. But then with a closer look, in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, was a symbol I'm very familiar with:

Stark Industries.

Feeling defeated, I shut my laptop and pushed it away from me. I watched it for a moment in frustration, then pulled my legs to my chest and rested my chin on my knees.