The Final Battle (Part 2)

-Peter's pov-

At the sight of Alice my heart dropped and for a moment, I thought I was going to throw up.

It was as if time was standing still. Nobody dared move an inch. Alice continued to smirk, and it was clear that she was enjoying this. I, however, felt every emotion wash over me at once.

When she first appeared I felt relieved to know that she was okay. Every other emotion came afterwards.

Alice Stark, the girl I fell in love with. The lone wolf who doesn't care for making friends but values the ones she has. The girl who always has bruises because she's too clumsy. The girl who would be willing to give up anything to protect a complete stranger. She's so intimidatingly smart, and yet I feel the safest around her.

All those emotions were quickly replaced by fear. But not by fear of her, but by fear of what she had become in the wrong hands.

I didn't know what to expect when I saw her. I think part of me expected to see some sort of a demon standing in her place. Instead she looks the exact same. And even with her terrifying makeup that's mostly come off at this point, I still see the same girl who showed up at my doorstep in the middle of the night soaking wet from the rain because she needed help. Alice Stark is strong, but she isn't invincible.

In a matter of seconds, her smirk dropped to a scowl. With it, my heart began to race. She held her right hand out towards her father which sparked into the familiar blue light, but more intense than I had ever seen it before.

Nobody had time to react to her next move. Mr Stark's body was engulfed in the same blue light and was shot straight up into the sky, then tossed into the side of a building where he went straight through the glass. Nobody even had a chance to try and help, but that didn't stop them from jumping into action.

"QUEENS!" Captain America yelled. I looked up to see him racing towards Alice, and I knew exactly what he wanted me to do.

I darted towards Alice as fast as I could, getting faster with each step. She was too distracted by Captain America's shield flying directly at her to notice me. Her hands both lit up blue to stop the shield from hitting her, but she didn't have to.

I shot a web and bound her legs the second I got close enough. I pulled her straight towards me taking her legs out from under her. She went straight down, hitting her back on the asphalt. Captain America's shield went straight over her, then boomeranged back to him. But even once he had his shield back he was still running straight towards her. Alice made an audible groan in annoyance.

Captain America made an attempt to grab her, but he was unsuccessful. The second he was close enough to try, she pulled her legs to her chest and pushed her legs straight out as hard as she could. Even bound, she used the momentum to to kick Captain America directly in the gut. Then doing the exact same thing again, she used the momentum to get back to her feet.

As soon as her feet touched the pavement she had to dodge a punch thrown by Black Widow. Alice went downwards to dodge it, but Black Widow grabbed her torso and kneed her in the stomach. I heard the wind get knocked out of her as she gasped on impact. Black Widow pushed her straight to the ground again and landed directly on top of her, straddling her to keep her down.

"You're out of practice." Black Widow informed her as if this were training, not an actual fight.

Alice did not like that.

She yelled out in frustration and Black Widow was thrown off of her, landing several feet back. Alice's hands were once again surrounded by blue flames. She watched her legs for a moment and then jumped back to her feet. She must have dissolved the webs with her abilities because the next time she was up, her legs were separated.