Alice

"I cannot BELIEVE her!" I yelled, pacing the room.

Vision sat a few feet away in a chair, his legs crossed and his hands resting in his lap. His back was perfectly straight, and only his eyes moved to follow me as I paced back and forth in front of him.

I was almost jealous by how easily he was taking this.

"She's been blasting heavy rock all night long for the last 2 nights, she COMPLETELY destroyed her bedroom, and I've never heard someone swear as much in their life time as she has the last few days." I continued to yell. Finally, I forced myself to look at Vision, and realized he was perfectly calm. I stopped pacing, and sat in a chair across from Vision and continued in a calmer tone. "Pepper took away her phone yesterday, then an hour later she found our bathroom completely destroyed. The mirror was shattered, the walls torn up, and Pepper's make up was smeared over anything she didn't destroy. And she did this all with her bare hands."

When I looked up, I realized Vision was still watching me, though his expression never changed and he listened to my entire rant.

Vision is the friend we all need but don't deserve.

"I'm sorry Vision, I know this isn't your problem." I exhaled, slouching in my chair. I ran my fingers back through my hair. It's thinner now, and I figured it was probably from all the stress my daughter has caused me this year alone. "I'm just not sure what to do anymore."

For the first time since I started yelling, Vision uncrossed his legs and relaxed. However, Vision's idea of "relaxed" still included a stick straight spine and maintaining eye contact.

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, have you tried talking to her?" Vision suggested, hesitant to bring up the idea. Vision never liked it when I asked him for parenting advice since he believed it was up to me how I raised my kid. I suppose my desperation was what made him cave.

I froze, staring at Vision. Both from shock that he was willing to give me parenting suggestions and that he thought I hadn't tried talking to her.

"Of course I've tried talking to her. I've sat down with her multiple times to discuss her recent behavior, and every single time she acted like she was going to try harder, then something bad happens shortly after. I just can't seem to get through to her." I admitted, though it was difficult.

"I don't mean talking to her about her recent behavior. Have you tried talking to her about the reasons behind her sudden change? Have you tried talking to her as your daughter rather than as a problem?" Vision asked, relaxing into the idea of helping me out with her.

Vision almost smirked at my lack of response.

"Even though she's changed drastically, she's still your daughter. She was in an extremely difficult situation that we don't even know the full extent of. She almost didn't survive, and that could have just been the tip of the iceberg." Vision explained, never breaking eye contact. "She doesn't need people judging her for her actions, she needs to know that she isn't alone, and that we wouldn't ever abandon her."

We sat in silence for a moment as I tried to think of a way to respond. I want to reach out to her, and even if she has changed the thought of abandoning her never even came close to crossing my mind.

Before I even had the chance to respond, Alice walked in the room.

"Is Happy ready? He's taking forever." Alice asked rudely.

She hasn't exactly been kind to Happy, so I don't blame him for taking his sweet time.

Instead of her usual innocent outfit of jeans and a cardigan, Alice was wearing a jean skirt that barely covered anything, and a sleeveless purple crop top that barely even passed for a shirt. Her hair was curled like she'd been doing for the last couple of days.