ch.5

Hamish woke me up and called me down stairs. so I quickly threw on my outfit.

 so I quickly threw on my outfit

when I get down stairs Hamish, Lil, and Randy were all crowded around a body on the ground and from the smell of it he was covered in blood, animal blood

when I get down stairs Hamish, Lil, and Randy were all crowded around a body on the ground and from the smell of it he was covered in blood, animal blood. It smells like deer. Walking up to the body next to the others I see its Jack. I sigh.

"shit."

"Randell had him turn into a werewolf." Lilith said.

"Fuck Randell!"

He frowns at me then try's to wake Jack up. "Wake up. Wake up."

Jack groans before waking up." Where am I? Why am I naked? Where are my clothes?" He ask all at once.

"Oh. They got ruined when you ripped out of them. You'll get used to it." Randell said convincingly.

"Used to what? Who are you people?" Jack asked.

"Dude, it's me, Randall. I'm your RA so is El."

"I know that! I meant them!"

"Oh, this is Hamish and Lilith. And together, we are the Knights of Saint Christopher! Guys, I thought we were gonna say that together."Randell says making me roll my eyes.

"And that's what? Improv troupe?" Jack asked confused. 

"We are a sacred brotherhood-" Hamish starts but me and Lil interrupt.

" A gender neutral collective."

"Anointed to fight dark magic with the power-" Hamish starts  only to be interrupted again. This time by Randell.

" Dude! We're werewolves! And now, so are you."

"Oh." Jack says then starts to laugh." Yeah, I get it. Townie wanted to join a secret society, so let's make him think they-" Jack started talking again before he vomits. 

"Yeah, you ate a deer last night." Randell tells him.

"This isn't happening.This is not happening." Jack says to himself.

"Oh, it's happening. The spirit of Silverback chose you as his champion. He bound to you, and you transformed." Hamish finally got a sentence out.

"Transformed into what?" Jack asked.

"A werewolf. Dude try to keep up. I told them you were smart." Randell said.

"Silverback's been dormant for 50 years and he picks this dumb-ass?" Lilith asked.

"Jack's the real deal. Every time I got close to that golem, he was there." Randell tried to defend Jack.

"You saw me fight Clay and you didn't help me? You were that thing in the graveyard. You almost killed me." Jack shouted.

" Welcome to the club!" I said.

"No! I am not going to be a werewolf." Jack said sternly.

"Too late. You already are." I said wanting this to be over with.

"Look, no, it wasn't a full moon last night."

"Not a thing." Lilith says to him.

"What about silver bullets?"

"Well, duh. Because it's a bullet." I added.

"Take it back. Un-werewolf me." Jack tried again.

"Once you're selected, you're a champion until the day you die." Hamish decided to add in.

" Just say the oath and get on with it. I have class in an hour." I say.

"What oath?" Jack asked sounding tired and over everything.

"I give my life to the cause." Randell says.

"Fuck this and fuck you." Jack said instead making me frown.

"Hey!That was my robe!" Lilith say after Jack as he storms out of our house.

"He'll come around." Hamish says.

"And if he doesn't?" Lilith asked.

"We kill him." I said. Hamish nodded at me.

**************************************
558 words