ch.12

We decided to meet Hamish and Jack down the street from Benson's house. So we were all walking together.

"Look, Benson's colleagues tweeted about a welcome home party." Jack told us.

"Wow, Jack. Stalk much?" Randell says making me push him with a chuckle.

"I thought knowing our target was supposed to make our lives easier." Lilith says.

"How do we know who we're looking for?" Hamish asked Jack.

"You'll know." was his lame reply.

"Guys, chill. English teachers over there." I said pointing to Benson who had a pink cast on her leg.

"Knights on a mission out here. We got this." Randell says putting his arm over my shoulder making me smile up at him. He looks down at me and smiles back.

"Oh. Here we go. He's mine." Hamish calls out to us, while starts to take off his clothes and shift. He attacks the first guy who had a rifle. 

"I call dibs on next one." Lilith was quick to call. She shifted going after a lady with a gas container and a litter.

"No killing." Jack called out to us making me roll my eyes.

next to shift was Randell, going after a guy with a baseball bat punching him in the face. Shifting back standing there naked. I couldn't help but eye him as it was my turn. shifting not caring about my clothes I attack a lady with a kitchen knife.

*********time skip an hour *********

"Jack, it's been an hour! The magic's got to be dead by now." Randell complains.

"Yeah. I think we're good." Jack says back and we take that as our cue to leave. We headed back to the house.

When we got there we got into our robes and went to the sitting room an Hamish made us drinks.

"Doesn't have to be perfect, just booze." Randell says sitting in the beanbag chair right next to mine making me smile.

"Seriously, Grandpa." Lilith says looking at her nails.

"Neanderthals." Hamish said passing out our drinks.

"I kind of get why we need these now." Jack says talking about the drinks. "It's hard work."

"It also used to be fun." Lilith said making a face.

"Jack killed a car. That was fun. And you were right. Eventually the magic petered out."Randell says enjoying the fact Jack attacked a car.

"It was a pretty long eventually." Lilith said being her grumpy self.

"We saved ten people. Feels good." I said making them look at me surprised, since I'm usually kill first ask questions later sort of person.

"Saving people's okay, I guess." Lilith said making me send her a smile.

"Nothing is going to change the fact that I murdered a good man. You know, what do you do with all the bad shit you have to carry around?" Jack asked looking at me.

"You carry it." I say." Its hard but you find a way to do it."

"It's called being an adult." Hamish adds. We all raise our glass and take a drink.

**************************************

507 words