ch. 23

"Well, that was intense." Lilith said coming into the sitting room As I sat on the couch next to Hamish and Randell as we were all holding a drink after she herd the ringing.

"It's probably Edward. And Alyssa, off making sweet, sweet magic together somewhere." Randell says making me laugh as we all look at him.

"I meant that in a literal sense." He said that with his drink in his mouth. Some comes out onto his chin and I whipe it away with my thumb and lick it off as he watchs.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore, okay?" Jack says making me look over to him as he gulps down his drink.

"Know what? I just don't understand why she can't see what a monster he is!" He shouts out making me roll my eyes.

"Because your monster is her idol." I tell him.

"Ya, you can't tear someone's idol down for them, they have to do that themselves." Hamish says finishing for me.

"The Hamster's right." Randell says making me laugh again.

"Hamster." I say pointing at Hamish.

"Don't call me that." Hamish tells us.

"I'm no fan of Coventry's, but objectively, he does have a high bang-ability factor." Lilith says and Randell looks at me with wide eyes wanting to know if I thought the same thing.

"Eww." I say sipping my drink as Randell smiles and puts his hand on my thigh.

"You're talking about my girlfriend." Jack says.

" Ex-girlfriend." I says.

" And my dad." He finishs after I cut in.

"He's not your dad. He's some guy who dumped his seed into your mom and took off." Lilith tells him.

"Whoa!" Hamish says.

"You got a better way to describe it?"  Lilith asks us.

"Biological father?" I ask her.

"Mm. Sure, that works." She says shrugging.

"Maybe Alyssa's right about you quitting The Order." Hamish says.

"It's not that easy. Remember what happened to Lilith and her memory?" I tell Hamish.

"I don't." Lilith says and I shake my head at her.

"If I'm lucky, that's all they'll take." Jack says.

"Knights, we have a new project. Find a way to restore Jack's memory.We can test it out on Lilith. " I tell them as Randell starts drawing shapes on my thigh with his finger.

" I don't want my memory back." She tells me and I sigh and shrug.

" Lil, it would be so cool. What if you find out you can shred the electric guitar? We could start a band. Randall and the Werewolves." Randell says.

"Why don't I get top billing?" Hamish asks him.

"If you have to ask, that's why." Randell tells him looking past me to Hamish.

"I can deal with the shredding. I just don't want to live in any world where I was besties with Alyssa Drake." Lilith tells us and we hear the ringing again.

"That was annoying." Randell says hitting the couch.

"And longer than usual." I say.

"Maybe we should check that out?" Jack asks me.

I sigh. "It's been a long night. Get some rest. Whatever it is, it can wait." I tell them.

Me, Randell and Hamish was sitting outside after I did a spell to get Lilith's memory back. Lilith was inside throwing a temper tantrum when Jack walked up to us.

 Lilith was inside throwing a temper tantrum when Jack walked up to us

"I thought you were working on recovered memory spells." Jack asks us.

"I did." I tell him.

"Now, we're relaxing." Randell tells him.

"There was a spell for memory's in El's spell book." Hamish tells Jack for me.

"So, now you can quit, get wiped, and then we can reboot you." I tell him sitting up to look at him.

"You're sure it works?" Jack asks me and Lilith throws a chair out a window.

"It worked on Lilith." I tell him.

"We told each other everything!" We hear Lilith yell from inside.

"Mm, she's particularly enjoying the Alyssa memories." Hamish tells Jack.

"I'm going to do it." Jack tells us.

"You're kicking magic to the curb?" Randell asks him.

"I am quitting The Order." Jack confirms.

"It's about time you leave those want to be witches." I tell him and he shakes his head at me.

Lilith throws a chair out the window. "I told her everything! We braided each other's hair!" We hear her yell from inside. Randell and Jack leave.

**************************************

744 words