endgame

a/n: day 2938483848 after endgame and i'm in denial still.

warning: pretty sure everyone has seen endgame but if u haven't there are spoilers so be w a r n e d

"Three hours, huh," Tony mumbles as he tied the tie on his suit, getting ready to leave for the premier of the new movie based on the Avengers. "I'm starving."

You walked up to him, planting a soft kiss on his lips. "They'll have food there.. hopefully."

"C'mon, baby, let's get in the car," You told Morgan, your six-year old daughter, as you grabbed her hand and headed to the kitchen.

You slipped a couple of snacks into your clutch and met Tony in the living room. He walked you two out to one of his cars and headed to the theater.

You arrived about a half hour later, seeing the red carpet before you. It felt strange being celebrated on a mass scale like this, hell, you never expected to gain this much praise for what you and the rest of the Avengers did.

Tony opened the car door, grabbing your hand as you stepped out to reveal your navy blue night gown that fit your body perfectly. You opened the backseat to help Morgan out of her seat and carried her in your arms.

"I know I've been with you all day," Tony smiled as he grabbed your hand and started walking. "But you look gorgeous."

"Thanks, handsome," You smiled as you kissed him on the cheek and walked beside him towards the red carpet.

The never ending glow from the cameras only got brighter as you two entered. Everyone screamed as you, Tony, and Morgan made an entrance, yelling your names. The moments you entered the carpet seemed picture-perfect. Squeezing Tony's hand, you walked up to a few interviewers.

"The infamous Stark family, everyone!" The interviewer cheerfully announced into her microphone. "How are you two doing?"

You looked at Tony and smiled as you responded for the both of you. "We're doing amazing! Everyone looks great, we can't wait to see the movie for the first time."

"And how are you doing, Morgan?" The interviewer asked as she motioned the microphone to Morgan.

"Good, mama says we're getting ice cream after the movie," She happily shared, giggling.

The interviewer smiled at Morgan's pureness, then returned to you.

"So, you guys have never see the whole movie?!" The interviewer was shocked. You shook your head, Tony doing the same. "That's insane! Okay, okay, since you guys have done so much for us, we have a little gift!"

The interviewer knelt and brought out a notebook, shaped as a heart, with both of your names written on it. You happily took it noticed there were little notes that were printed in, thanking the both of you for bringing back their families and friends. A tear fell down your cheek, as you felt empowered by the messages of gratitude that everyone sent.

"Thank you, so much," You happily said as you felt tears swelling and falling down your cheek. You held the heart to your chest as you remembered. Remembered the battle and remembered nearly losing Tony.

You knelt beside him as you felt his breath grow weak.

"Tony," You panted, feeling your breath get shorter and faster. "Tony, baby, please stay with me. Please."

"Y/N..." Tony's voice trailed to silence. He looked at you with such sadness, but with content at the same time.

"You're coming with me," You said, holding Tony up. Thankfully, his nanotech suit was light– so taking Tony back home wouldn't be as difficult as it would be.

With months and months of rehabilitation, Tony became healthier again. Though his arm had a scar from the damage the stones did, you reminded him of the sacrifice he made and how you– and many others– were beyond proud of him.

Helping Tony was much more than trying to recover his physical injuries though. As he mentally struggled through the burdens that the endless turmoil that Thanos brought upon him, you were there every step of the way.

You moved away from the interviewer, proceeding onto the red carpet to pose for more photos and to meet with everyone else.

"Tony, Y/N!" Rhodey waved as he walked up to you and knelt to give Morgan a hug. She smiled and wrapped her arms around him.

"Y/N, looking stunning as always," Sam said as he shook hands with you and Tony.

"Thanks, Wilson," You smiled as he walked through and met with Bucky somewhere else. You sighed, remembering that Steve and Nat weren't there to celebrate with you and everyone else. You shook the thought, and decided to remain in the moment and to cherish the gratefulness the world was presenting to you, and to those who sacrificed themselves for the stability of the universe.

"Is that Robert?" Tony asked, tapping him by the shoulder. Turning around, was the one and only, Robert Downey Jr.

"Indeed, Stark," He grinned and flashed his smile at you and Morgan, who was holding your hand. They talked for a bit and posed for pictures.

Tony walked up to you, kissing you softly on the lips. "Everyone says we look alike, do you see it?"

You crinkled your nose, shaking your head. "Not one bit."

Tony giggled as he grabbed your hand and led you, finally, to the theater.

"Tony! Tony," Your character shouted in the movie. You had the chills as you remembered the very moment you were living with the fear of facing Tony leaving you. Robert was laying, shaken by the snap. The movie had been mostly accurate, which was absolutely terrifying. You squeezed Tony's hand, not holding back any tears.

He had died.

Tony took a shaky breath, leaning towards you.

"Good thing I'm still alive, huh?" He joked, smiling as he knew that he couldn't put words together to show how grateful he was for you when you had taken him home, when you helped him get back on his feet.

"I love you both so much," Tony whispered, wrapping his arm around you and his other around Morgan. He planted a kiss on both of your foreheads and smiled.

"Daddy, mommy," Morgan whispered as she got up from her seat and sat in between you and Tony.

"I love you 3000," She whispered as she held both of you tightly, not letting go.