confrontation - r

a/n: requested by PeteParkerHolland !! i'm so sorry this took forever to upload, but here it is! <3

——

You were an agent at SHIELD, you helped the Avengers alongside Maria Hill, your best friend. You had been with the Avengers since the battle of New York and had gotten to know the team better, aside from all the superhero stuff that went on. In befriending the Avengers, you also had a slight crush on Tony Stark. And he also had one on you.

This "friendship" developed into a relationship. He took you out on extravagant dates to the fanciest restaurants you'd ever seen. He would take you out whenever he had the chance to, spoil you whenever he had the chance to. However, one thing he hadn't done just yet was show you his Malibu mansion, as he stayed in New York to be with you. You had told him that it was okay to go back to California, you'd work something out with Fury so that you could stay with him. And eventually, he caved in.

It was finally the day where you'd be moving, you had your things packed into boxes and a suitcase filled with the clothes you wore the most. You boarded the plane and sat in the window seat, closing your eyes and putting your earphones in as you sat comfortable. It would be six hours until you met with Tony in California, so you decided to take this time for yourself to relax until the presumably hectic atmosphere that California seemed to be.

——

You arrived at the airport, fully awakened and excited to see Tony. You got out of the plane and texted him, telling him that you had arrived. He had sent you a message, saying that he was in the middle of a meeting and couldn't make it to the airport, but had sent Happy to pick you up anyways.

Getting to the outside of the airport, you saw Happy holding up a sign with your name on it. You smiled and walked up to him, hugging Happy all while greeting him as well.

"Tony's probably leaving his meeting early," Happy chimed as you looked up at him and smiled. "The guy loves you, Y/N."

You chuckled and responded with, "I'd hope so. I'll definitely have to get used to California, the time difference and everything."

Happy chuckled and kept his eyes on the road.

About a half hour later, you had arrived to Tony's Malibu house. You gasped in excitement at seeing it, at finally getting to be a part of Tony's life here. Happy stopped the car and got out, helping you with your carry-on as you two neared the entrance of the home.

"Hey, Happy! Hey–" A ginger-haired woman greeted, but almost immediately stopped at seeing you.

"I'm Y/N, Tony's girlfriend from New York," You smiled and held your hand out to shake her's. A look of realization appeared on her face, she took your hand and shook it in response.

"I'm sorry, my mind slips with everything I have to get done, hi Y/N, welcome to California," She smiled and opened the door, letting you and Happy into the house.

An hour passed and you had taken a nap. In the midst of the nap, you heard the door open and close softly. You felt the bed sink beside you, it was Tony.

"Hey, babe," He greeted as he planted a kiss on your forehead. Smiling, you turned over and hugged him.

"Hey," You replied and smiled happily. "How was the meeting?"

"Boring, per usual," He sighed and playfully rolled his eyes. "But now, I have you and that's all that matters."

"I love you, Tones," You whispered and kissed his chin. The stubble tickled you, but it didn't matter. "How 'bout we order some pizza and stay in, hm?"

Tony nodded and smiled, snuggling his head into the crook of your neck.

"JARVIS, order some pizza for us, yeah?"

"Of course sir, pizza will arrive in twenty minutes."

Twenty minutes passed, and JARVIS had notified you two that the pizza had arrived.

"I'll go get it," You responded before letting Tony get a chance to move a muscle. He stayed in your now shared bed and smiled.

You paid the pizza guy, giving him a tip and grabbed your order.

"Ugh, I don't know. I just get a bad feeling, Tony deserves the world and I know I'm not supposed to interfere with the boss's interests but I feel like it's just one of those flings again," You heard from the other room. You stayed behind the wall, still holding the box of pizza. It was Pepper talking on the phone with a friend, not knowing that you were in the room. You narrowed your eyes as you focused on what she said. Eventually, she hung up and gathered her things to go for the day.

As if you had just picked up the pizza, you greeted Pepper moments after and smiled. Her face showed slight panic, but she suddenly returned to her relaxed state.

"I'm leaving for the day, have a nice night Y/N," Pepper politely said to you, a smile going onto her face. You grabbed a slice of pizza and smiled.

"Thanks, Pepper," You smiled and stood there. The air was filled with tension, you felt it, but you weren't going to let her get off the hook easily. "By the way, the moving people are coming in tomorrow morning to bring the rest of my stuff, I don't want you to freak out or anything."

Pepper simply nodded and smiled as she turned away, knowing now that you had heard her conversation earlier.

"Y'know, it's hot when you get defensive, babe," Tony said as he walked down the steps from upstairs. Your stiff, defensive stance calmed as your eyes laid on Tony.

"I dunno, I just heard her saying something about me. I can't just let people talk about me without knowing I know," You defended yourself as he took a slice of pizza and chuckled.

"I love you, Y/N."